can you see pitons from carnival ship

eng4

does anyone know if you can see the pitons when you enter or leave st lucia from the ship? Not doing any excursions on the island but want to get a pic of pitons.

from where the ship docks (I am assuming it docks in the same place as Princess) you are pretty far away from the Pitons. You may go bye them, but it depends on where you are coming from and what time. I think we sailed passed them at some point, but it was early in the morning since we docked at 7am. Would have loved to sailed passed them on the way out, but they were the wrong direction of travel. I think if you are headed from St. Lucia to someplace south, like Barbados, you might get lucky.

We were just on the Victory at the end of May in a balcony, starboard. I believe we docked in St. Lucia at 8am and we toured with Spencer Ambrose (GREAT tour, by the way) and so we had gotten up at 6:45am by having breakfast delivered room service (nice way to get your wake up call!) and sat on our balcony eating breakfast and taking pictures of the pitons. So yes, you WILL see them. I think we had a view of them until we 'rounded the corner' maybe about 15-20 minutes before docking, but I would go ahead and just make it an early morning if it is a view you want to make sure you don't miss.

We saw the Pitons on the Victory at night cruising from Dominica to Barbados. No view in the morning. We took a taxi down to the Pitons and ate at a wonderful resort called Ladera with an awesome view of the Pitons ($100). The ride was about 1.5 hours each way.

Archived