So many wineries...so little transportation

I have posted this on the port board - but thought this busy board might have the answers I need.

We will be stopping in Ensenada Oct 13. We would like to visit all four wineries. I read about a Hertz rental car office - but it must have closed as Hertz doesn't have it listed.

We could do the ship tour of only two wineries - but wonder if we could hire a cab driver for the day to take us on our route? Has anyone done this recently??

Does anyone have a better idea??

Thanks! Maureen

I've been to Ensenada a few times already - and it is what it is. Some people seemed to like the wine tour but perhaps that's because there was little else to consider.

I remember there being a number of cabbies waiting to take cruisers places like La Bufadora. I was just wondering what I might offer one to take us on the route I planned for the day.

Has anyone done the wine country this way?

Take the ship's tour. We took it with some friends and had a blast. By the time the tour was ended we were friends with everyone on the bus! The wineries are some distance away. At each winery you are given a tasting. The 1st one was interesting and but they were very tight with the samplings. THey have other things to buy and that was interesting(breads and great wine chocolates). At the second winery, they were more generous with the pourings. We wanted to taste one the upper end wines which was not on the tasting list. I gathered together 10 people at 5 dollars each and we bought a bottle to taste. As result they sold 6 bottles of this wine.

By the time we were back on the bus, I think no one wanted to drive.

The wineries are not like the CA ones but it was interesting to try the baja wines. If you find ones you like, you can buy a case to take back to the states with no problems. One of our friends bought a case which was held by security until the end of the cruise but our bottle was not taken.

Archived