Are there any historical places to visit while in Grand Turk??

puggleperson

I am trying to talk my stepfather into coming on a cruise with me and my mom but he thinks it's going to be boring (which we all know will not be).

I think I can sucker him into it if there were some historical places to visit. He likes things with History and thing off the beaten path.. He likes to fly so anything with airplanes :) any help you can give me would be great!! Thanks everyone!

Well, it's not "off the beaten path," it's in the center of town, but I enjoyed the Turks & Caicos National Museum. It's a small little place, but has lots of interesting historical things to see. I went here while DH was on his scuba dive. See my photos, starting here: Turks & Caicos National Museum

Well, it's not "off the beaten path," it's in the center of town, but I enjoyed the Turks & Caicos National Museum. It's a small little place, but has lots of interesting historical things to see. I went here while DH was on his scuba dive. See my photos, starting here: Turks & Caicos National Museum

Here's a thread I started before my trip and followed up after (about the museum):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=710166&highlight=museum+grand+turk

• 3 weeks later...
I am trying to talk my stepfather into coming on a cruise with me and my mom but he thinks it's going to be boring (which we all know will not be).

I think I can sucker him into it if there were some historical places to visit. He likes things with History and thing off the beaten path.. He likes to fly so anything with airplanes :) any help you can give me would be great!! Thanks everyone!

Wasn't Grand Turk where all the salt came from for the better part of a century? http://www.geographia.com/turks-caicos/general/interest/grandturk.htm

Archived