When is the fill the laundry bag?

LindaKE

On a 7 day cruise which day would the fill the laundry bag be offered? I want to pack enough to make it without running out. Is returned 2 days later?

Some posts seem to be saying that you can fill the bag any time, it just costs an extra $5 if not done on the special offer. Others seem to be saying that you pay per item if it's not on the special offer. Which is correct?

Just make sure you don't totally plan on having the special. Don't expect it and be happy and surprised if you do. The laundry bag deals and the 2 for 1 dining room deals are decided on the ship and not by corp. They look at sales and bookings on a day by day basis and decide if they should run the promo or not. Just depends on the mood of the F&B director and Exp head housekeeper that morning when he wakes up!

The fill the bag special is always welcome. However one could easily use the ship's laundry/cleaner service any other day for a few items. Usually on the second day of a cruise I send a shirt, slack, socks, and undie and pay the full price, which isn't that much. Usually, the bag special is on the fourth day of a seven day cruise when I send three of each above. But not always.....

If you are one of those who don't like to send their undies, one can easily wash them in your shower. The ship's laundry/cleaner service is available almost every day, don't be afraid to use it. The ship charges far less than the airlines for checked baggage.

When I cruise, I don't wish or want to do laundry. Its much easier to send them out to the ship's laundry.

Don't forget if you are a latitudes member, there is a discount on the $24.99 special laundry, but you must write your latitude status on the b ag and laundry slip. It is free for platinum. The tape is a must.

Archived