Are there any historical places to visit while in St.Martin?

puggleperson

I am trying to talk my stepfather into coming on a cruise with me and my mom but he thinks it's going to be boring (which we all know will not be).

I think I can sucker him into it if there were some historical places to visit. He likes things with History and thing off the beaten path.. He likes to fly so anything with airplanes any help you can give me would be great!! Thanks everyone!

If your Dad likes anything about flying, while not historical, I would suggest Maho Beach and I bet he would love watching the planes land and takeoff.

There are a couple of forts on the island and I would assume they are open to the public, but I do not know for sure.

If your Dad likes anything about flying, while not historical, I would suggest Maho Beach and I bet he would love watching the planes land and takeoff.

There are a couple of forts on the island and I would assume they are open to the public, but I do not know for sure.

Immediately those thoughts came to my mind as well.

It would also be worth it to check out the various 'walking torus' on the web (frommers, about, etc etc) for st. Maarten. Some options for more research:

Mt Concordia

Maho for the planes

Courthouse

Simartin Museum

Fort Amsterdam

Fort Willem

Archived