Southampton Grocer?

kootz

Can someone please tell me if there is someplace close buy to the cruise terminal to buy soda to bring on the ship.

I will be on the Grand Princess soon. It's not a point of being cheap but I really like to have my Caffeine Free Diet Coke/Pepsi and the ship does not offer it.

Can someone please tell me if there is someplace close buy to the cruise terminal to buy soda to bring on the ship.

I will be on the Grand Princess soon. It's not a point of being cheap but I really like to have my Caffeine Free Diet Coke/Pepsi and the ship does not offer it.

Depends on your transport to Southampton/the docks (Princess usually dock at Mayflower Cruise Terminal, berths 105/6, into the docks via gate 10)

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/files/pos.pdf

Closest, and probably easiest, cheapest & widest choice, is Asda supermarket (part of Walmart). Dial the zipcode SO14 7EG into Google Earth, its the large flat-roofed building fronting Portland Terrace & with a rear entrance/lift at the junction of Harbour Parade, Western Esplanade & Fitzhugh St., directly opposite the coach station (which is marked in Harbour Parade)

If arriving by coach (national Express), one of your party stays at the coach station while another nips over the road & up in the lift, then £5 taxi from coach station to ship. By rail, same routine but a five minute walk, or your taxi driver can wait outside Asda with his meter running.

The Cruise Terminal is walkable from coach/rail/Asda but no fun with luggage.

If arriving in Southampton by car, your driver can choose a convenient Asda or one of the other majors.

You wont have an opportunity if using ship's coach transfer from an airport, and there is no opportunity to purchase once inside the docks

John Bull

Thanks for the info...

We will be in London the day before staying at Crowne Plaza St. James with a Princess transfer to Southampton the next day.

Maybe it might be better if I can find something in London before the bus to Southampton

Maybe it might be better if I can find something in London before the bus to Southampton

Yes, you're right. And there's no luggage limit on their transfer coaches. Tesco Express and Sainsbury's compete with Asda, you'll find their smaller stores in the heart of London (by Houses of Parliament, Marble Arch, and Trafalgar Square for example) - more expensive than their larger stores but still reasonable.

Enjoy your time this side of the pond

John Bull

Archived