Destiny---Table for 10

jerseygirl79

Has anyone had a table for 10 on Destiny? I know they're limited. Wondering if they are round, long, near a window.....

Also, aren't they're two dining rooms on the ship? Do they have 10-tops in both?

We sail Destiny next August with a party of 10 so left me know how that works out. Are you from Jersey?

there are rectangular tables for 10 on destiny, but a very limited number.

there are 2 dining rooms, you're correct - galaxy and universe. i don't know for sure, but i assume they'd be in both... :)

Ahhh...Mr. Falkcor. I knew you'd answer. Thanks. BTW, what's the difference between the two dining rooms? Did you see both?

We were at a round table for 10 last March on Destiny. We were only full for Formal night, and that was a squeeze. There were several other large, round tables for 10 near us. Good luck!:)

Thanks John. I wonder if those round tables were ment to seat 8 and they're squeezing in 10, LOL.

Were you in the middle of the floor? How was that?

We were on the Destiny in November with a CC group cruise and there are several rectangular 10 tops (as we were seated at them). We were on the bottom floor for the first leg and the top floor of the second leg, both in the Universe Dining Room. These tables were all off to the sides though, out of the main flow of dining room traffic.

Ahhh...Mr. Falkcor. I knew you'd answer. Thanks. BTW, what's the difference between the two dining rooms? Did you see both?

the primary difference between the two dining rooms is really just location... that galaxy dining room is pretty much mid ship, with VERY easy access from the atrium. i was in this dining room, and ease of access couldn't be much easier... it's a bit smaller than universe, with seating for about 706 passengers...

the universe dining room is aft, and a lot of people complain about getting there since the galley is between the two dining rooms - so there's sort of an up-and-over to get there... it's bigger than the galaxy dining room, with about 1114 passengers... the other thing it has going for it, is the fact that it has windows on 3 sides of the room... so that's a plus, ya know - unless it's dark out already hehe. anyhow, some people also say that being aft, they're more prone to feel the motion in this dining room, than in the mid-ship galaxy.

i kind of wanted the universe, given the promise of better views - and i'm not really prone to motion sickness... i even requested it, but carnival won't take requests for dining room apparently, just time... anyhow, ended up with galaxy, and i don't really regret it at all - it's just so easy to have a drink at the lobby bar, then mosey on in to dinner right off the lobby. :)

We were in the middle of the Universe dining room. Lots of 10 person round tables becuase of spring break groups - including some fun groups from the law school at University of Indiana. They were having so much fun I might think twice before hiring a lawyer form Indiana, but I'd sure accept a party invitation! Good luck!:)

Archived