dining room closed

like friends

we are waitlisted for the late sitting, but as of now open seating is our only option. Heard problems with open seating, what is the best way to get assigned late sitting and if it open's should I take it. I'm waitlisted with a request for a table of 8

we are waitlisted for the late sitting, but as of now open seating is our only option. Heard problems with open seating, what is the best way to get assigned late sitting and if it open's should I take it. I'm waitlisted with a request for a table of 8

When you get on board your ship go to the Maitre di and ask him to switch you to late seating. I hope that helps.

Each ship will differ as to the time and place where you can talk about your dinner arrangements.

Check at the Explorer's Lounge and the Queen's Room (next to the dining room on the smaller ships).

If there isn't a table set up -- once you get to your cabin check the daily program for the time and place to meet with the dining room manager.

I had a large group similar to yours (7) and we had no trouble with open seating. We generally requested a reservation for 7:45 and never had to wait. One night we went at 7:20 or so and had a 20 minute wait. It was really no big deal at all. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

You may well clear the wait-list before check-in and boarding. That happens a lot for a lot of people. Make sure you stay on the wait list and have your TA check, periodically, before sailing.

If you don't clear the wait list and are assigned to open seating, then you can try to change once you're aboard as has already been suggested.

You may well clear the wait-list before check-in and boarding. That happens a lot for a lot of people. Make sure you stay on the wait list and have your TA check, periodically, before sailing.

If you don't clear the wait list and are assigned to open seating, then you can try to change once you're aboard as has already been suggested.

we are two people requesting seating for 8 hoping to meet people. From some replies I guess I gave the impression we were a large group.

Open seating is from 5:15 PM until 9:00 PM There well be people being seated in open at 8:00 PM. Request you be seated at a large table. You will meet a lot of people that way.

In the mean time if you want late seating up stairs go to the Matre D' when you get on board. They will tell you in the program where the Matre D' will be. And Good Luck

Try asking your TA or calling HAL if you booked direct. When I booked my cruise all fixed dining seating was 'Closed' with no 'Waitlist' even showing available... I requested my TA contact HAL and see if she could get me fixed late seating at a large table as I will be travelling solo & feel this would be more comfortable for me. She had it complete & confirmed the same day & resent my confirmation showing as such. :D

• 1 month later...

Just got our dining room assignments this week. Requested Late Seating and it was given to us.:p

Good luck with that. We had the same situation last summer - TA confirmed we'd cleared the waitlist for our Main supper seating. Our docs even stated "confirmed Main Upper", our room keys at check-in said 'open'. Only because we were dining with friends in suites did we get a fixed seating - on the lower level. I do NOT want to be seated on the VERY busy lower level.

I wish you well.

Good luck with that. We had the same situation last summer - TA confirmed we'd cleared the waitlist for our Main supper seating. Our docs even stated "confirmed Main Upper", our room keys at check-in said 'open'. Only because we were dining with friends in suites did we get a fixed seating - on the lower level. I do NOT want to be seated on the VERY busy lower level.

I wish you well.

That WAS a Gymkhana, wasn't it?

I felt sorry for the staff ... they really didn't have a clue what was going on, or why.

Thank GOD for Brian and Scotty ... and thank GOD for Grumpy and Slinkey.

We are like you wanting to meet other people. I find 6 is better for conversation. Ten is useless.We always share and find the stories of people from all over very enjoyable and educational.People are really suprised to learn we live in a desert in BC

Archived