Weather Question- November/December

Mikey2611

I am taking a back to back on the Solstice Nov 20th Rome/Greek islands and November 30th Transatlantic Rome/Ft Lauderdale. Those of you who have cruised Italy and the Greek islands in November and/or done the transatlantic in November :

What can we expect in terms of weather. Just thinking about packing and wondering if I should have more shorts and s/s shirts or pants and l/s shirts and sweaters. The Transatlantic is the southern atlantic route to Ft Lauderdale so I would not think that would be bad- a little like April maybe.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

I am taking a back to back on the Solstice Nov 20th Rome/Greek islands and November 30th Transatlantic Rome/Ft Lauderdale. Those of you who have cruised Italy and the Greek islands in November and/or done the transatlantic in November :

What can we expect in terms of weather. Just thinking about packing and wondering if I should have more shorts and s/s shirts or pants and l/s shirts and sweaters. The Transatlantic is the southern atlantic route to Ft Lauderdale so I would not think that would be bad- a little like April maybe.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

We did the Southern TA route 2 years ago, Rome to FLL. The weather was very nice. Chilly in Italy, France, Spain, but certainly not real cold. I'd say maybe low - mid 60's during day and 50's at night. We DID have one major storm off the Coast of France...Hurricane Winds of 93 MPH. It was scary yet fun, too. Anyway, as you get closer to the US, the weather warms up nicely. Upper 60s low 70's day/night. Hope this helps!

Thanks. More or less what I thought. I guess a mix of warmer and colder clothes. With limited luggage now on the airlines its hard to know eactly what to take and stay within the weight restrictions particularly for 24 days. Thanks again

Thanks. More or less what I thought. I guess a mix of warmer and colder clothes. With limited luggage now on the airlines its hard to know eactly what to take and stay within the weight restrictions particularly for 24 days. Thanks again

We're on the TA to Ft. Lauderdale. If it's 55 degrees or warmer in the Med, I'll be in shorts. During the crossing of the pond, I'll be in my speedo in the Solarium. :eek:

We did a back to back Med (venice to barcelona) and trans (Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale) 2 year ago starting Nov. 18. Venice was cold, Greece to Rome was warm, Liverno, Villefranche and Barcelona were cool but comfortable, and then it was warm weather from there.

We have done four transatlantics Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale - one in Sept 2001, one in Oct 2003, one in Nov 2005, and the transatlantic portion of the back to back in Dec 2007. All of our transatlantics were very smooth sailing and the warmest one out of the four was the last one in Dec. 2007.

We planned on going overweight on our luggage for our back to back as we had 28 days onboard the ship and a few days precruise in Venice and a week and a half in Florida post cruise. So we had to pack for all sorts of weather - winter, spring/fall temps, and summer temps. The overweight fee was such a small amount compared to what we were spending on the cruise and tours - I just automatically figured that cost into our total cost as I would rather feel prepared for anything than worry that I didn't bring enough of the right type of clothes.

The best thing to do is plan on wearing layers - you can always take off a layer as the temp warms during the day when touring.

I thought these might help too, I've found them invaluable in the past. The first site if you scroll down gives you sunrise/sunset times so you know how to plan your day etc.

The second site will give you previous weather history for where you are going.

http://www.timeanddate.com/

http://www.wunderground.com/

Wunderground does take a bit of working out, but it is great information.

Archived