Eastern &Western Caribbean weather in early OCTOBER ?

Ykgorbie

the seas were remarkably calm in the western caribbean around that time. in fact, in grand cayman, our tour operator commented that it was the calmest they'd seen in weeks. so much so, he was afraid it might be the 'calm before the storm' lol :eek:

anyhow, weather was warm, but NOT hot... really, it was pretty perfect with the air temps in the 80s or so and the water not far behind. i don't think i even broke a sweat :)

so, it should be smooth sailing as long as a big storm doesn't roll in... ;)

i think it's actually nice and i'll prefer that time - because they're even further south than where i live (houston, tx), and i can't stand summer, HERE! i don't even want to think about how hot it is in the islands, mexico, etc. ;)

plus, onboard, with school back in session, less crowds in general, and better prices, too.

good luck ;)

Aside from the fact that it is still peak hurricane season, weather will normally be mild and relatively dry. If there is a tropical disturbance as close as 300 miles away, you can expect rough seas and rainy weather.

I live in South Florida and the weather is still very hot in October and of course it is still hurricane season. However, October is alot better than August and September with regards to the heat.

Go enjoy...and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

i think it's actually nice and i'll prefer that time - because they're even further south than where i live (houston, tx), and i can't stand summer, HERE! i don't even want to think about how hot it is in the islands, mexico, etc. ;)

plus, onboard, with school back in session, less crowds in general, and better prices, too.

good luck ;)

Falkcor, what day are you leaving out on the Destiny in October?

Archived