Roll Call: Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic Oct. 31st

Martita B.

I have compiled a list of Sailor's aboard the Odyssey for the Oct 31st TA Crossing ~~also a list of Sailor's embarking in Istanbul.

Closer to Oct. I will post the list of Sailor's that have added their names to the roll call. So far we have 54 Crossing Sailor's!:D

Martita B.

Forgot to mention ~~this is a "refresher roll call." If you posted your names on the old roll call I have your name on the list.

Looking forward to being with all of you ~~'Oh those lazy, hazy, daisy, crazy sea days! :p

MB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Odyssey TA Crossing Oct. 31st

List of Sailor's-Malaga

If I have inadvertently missed a Sailor, please let me know.

JB

MBH

BP & JG

PT & DW

WT

PH

GP

A&H L

GG & JR

MD

A&F D

TP & TR

BM & PL

CM& UG

I & D M

L&S R

DE & S

P&D

C&J

J&J

JDRMYD (2)

Alpaca

From Istanbul: Oct. 17th

AW

P&N B

SV

J&B K

S&D

T&D

J&D D

D&J D

G&B F

A& S

D&B

*Some Sailor's are CC members, some are not.

Martita B.

Martita,

I have a question. My main experience with Cruise Critic is on the Cunard Board and there we make our roll call lists using our 'User Names'. That is much easier to figure out than a list of initials which do not have much meaning to me. Would it be breaking some sort of protocol here to supply such a list? I could do that if it is all right. In the meantime, I don't see us on the list. If we are the S & D listed as boarding in Istanbul, we don't actually board until Malaga. If we are not, I don't see us listed on the Malaga list. Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Steve

Martita,

I have a question. My main experience with Cruise Critic is on the Cunard Board and there we make our roll call lists using our 'User Names'. That is much easier to figure out than a list of initials which do not have much meaning to me. Would it be breaking some sort of protocol here to supply such a list? I could do that if it is all right. In the meantime, I don't see us on the list. If we are the S & D listed as boarding in Istanbul, we don't actually board until Malaga. If we are not, I don't see us listed on the Malaga list. Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm on the Seabourn Spirit, Lisbon to Ft Lauderdale, November 15th. This will be my first time on Seabourn. Hope all is well with you.

Steve

Yes, somehow I had you listed boarding in Istanbul.....(S&D) Sorry

If you would like to post a list of Sailor's using their CC "user names", please do so. That would be great!:D It's hard for me to keep all the CCer's and the non CCer's in their "slots!"

Hope to see you at the pre-crossing party on Oct. 30th at the Don Curro.

Thanks, Steve

MB

Hi Steve,

I'm on the Seabourn Spirit, Lisbon to Ft Lauderdale, November 15th. This will be my first time on Seabourn. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Jerry,

Good to hear from you. You will enjoy your crossing on the Spirit. We have been on the Legend twice and enjoyed both cruises.

Well, here goes with the list I have by "User Name" as obtained in order of "registering" on the other, longer thread. This is not categorized as to boarding location, just a list of who should be on the crossing that are Cruise Critic members. If your name is on this list incorrectly or if it is not on the list and should be--let me know.

B-2-B's Best--Fran & Dooley

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

Keith1010--Keith & Anne Marie

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

shefinch--Shelagh & Larry

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

howndder--Howard & Derek & Ilse

Prunella--Peter & Deirdre

Tony&Trevor--Tony & Trevor

fromtheplains--Steve & Denny

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

ColumbiaCruisers--Jane & Jim

TheATrain--Anthony & Fran

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

Steve,

Thanks so much for the list!:p

These Sailor's have cancelled since the original "Crossing" thread:

Keith & Anne Marie

Carol & Wally

Howard, Derek & Ilse

We'll certainly miss them but I believe they're all on other sailings.

See everyone in Malaga!:D

MB

Jane

Yes, it's going to be a fun bunch! There are many Sailor's that will be aboard that are not CCer's ~~mostly from our Pride Crossings.

And with Capt. Dexter, Vitor Hot man, Dr. Herra & Nursey, Chef Cockburn, David E. and so many Staff/Crew from the Pride and Legend, the Odyssey Cross will seem like 'ole "home week!"

I'm hoping for warm, sunny days ~~:D

MB

Here is the cleaned up list after corrections were made.

B-2-B's Best and The A Train--Fran & Dooley (Anthony)

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

For those arriving in Malaga a day or so before embarking there's a fun "Hop On and Hop Off" open air bus you might want to consider. The tour around Malaga is 90 minutes.

Your hotel can give you the bus information. It looks like it would be great fun!

MB

Steve and SullaRaffaello,

Please note that I will be on the crossing.

I see that SullaRaffaello has a couple of yoyages on the Italian Line. I hope we meet up and can compare notes as I went on 2 Raffaello crossings in 1970 and 2 on the Cristophoro Colombo in 1969. They were amazing experiences for a teenager!

We will be joining the ship in Istanbul and staying for the crossing (can't wait)

Allan and Sandy (sydney)

David and Barbara (sydney)

Looking forward to meeting you all at the sailaway in Istanbul and again in Malaga.

Not long to go now and thanks for all the information. What can we expect from the weather?

Seabourn Spirit

Seabourn Legend

Seabourn Legend

Seabourn Odyssey

Sandy

I've been on many Seabourn Crossing's ~~both spring and fall. The weather, as you know, is unpredictable. But I'm hoping starting from Spain the Atlantic will be smooth and Capt. Dexter will probably take a Southern route.

Also, Crossing on a larger vessel will make a difference ~~once I Crossed on the Prinsendam ~~never felt much movement.

Looking forward to meeting new Sailor's!:p

Martita B.

I see that SullaRaffaello has a couple of yoyages on the Italian Line. I hope we meet up and can compare notes as I went on 2 Raffaello crossings in 1970 and 2 on the Cristophoro Colombo in 1969. They were amazing experiences for a teenager!

Markham,

Will you be on the Odyssey crossing with those of us on the list or the Spirit crossing with sullaRaffaelo?

Welcome to the newly added!

B-2-B's Best and TheATrain--Fran & Dooley (Anthony)

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

sandymoz--Allan, Sandy, David & Barbara

homolog--Uwe & Chris

Fromtheplains,

I will be on the Odyssey. Now it seems that I got a bit carried away about the details when I saw the Raffaello cruisers joining a future Seabourn cruise. Sorry about the confusion!

Would the powers that be please add me to the list for 31 Oct on the Odyssey?

Thanks and regards

Markham,

Sorry I confused things posting here. I had been on 2 Cunard crossings with Steve and wanted to make contact.

Yes, the Italian Line was truly a great experience. I was in college and it was my first trip to Europe. I went on a student fare of $150 one way and had a tourist class cabin all to myself, even though the agreement was that you would be willing to share. I only wish I knew then what I know now about Italian food and wine and that the line continued to operate until I could afford first class. That goes for the French Line too.

Enjoy your crossing on the Odyssey

Archived