When is Spring Break 2010?

Medusa

You must not party alot because spring break is all about the PARTY ...... HAL is all about old people................:eek:

I find this remark to be quite acrimonious & wonder if "old" people frighten you.. If we do, I feel very sad for you..

Since I'm of the older persuasion, would you be so kind as to explain to me what the word alot (?) means...:confused: I can't find it in my old dictionary & wonder if it's a new word coined by the "younger" generation? My dear old Aunt, a former schoolteacher, never heard of that word either when I once used it in a school composition..;)

This calendar displays how many schools and students are on "spring break" for every week from February to April.

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar2.htm

What a great WEB site..Thanks for posting it..

The USA is the only country I know of that disrespects their senior citizens in such a brazen way exemplified by the various posts I have read about HAL being the cruise line to avoid because of the elderly demographic of the passenger list. The only thing that comforts me about that is no matter how hard the young try to avoid getting older, age will engulf them either sooner or later.:D

Touche'

To the OP...In Florida, each school district in grades K-12, decides on it's own calendar..Many differ even in the school start & end dates..;) Lee County, a School District in Southwest Florida, has Spring Break from April 5-9, 2010..

Hope you have a wonderful cruise..:)

Betty

Does anyone think there will be many spring breakers on the Eurodam for March 6th, 2010 7 day sailing???

Dan

Dan, that's very difficult to predict..Bear in mind that there will be 1,281,497 kids out of colleges & university's that week..

Mexico has been a large spring break destination for college kids in other years..Wonder what it will be like in 2010 if there is a swine flu pandemic..More kids than usual might decide to book cruises, rather than taking the chance to fly to Mexico during spring break especially if their Parents are paying & have anything to say about where they spend spring braak...

We don't know how many primary & secondary schools will have spring break during that period..

Perhaps some Travel Agents who regularly post on this board could give you an idea..

I've heard that you can call Ships Services & inquire as to the number of kids on board a certain ship..

Betty

;

Yup. And in my area add to that mix, Bike Week and NASCAR. We don't leave home for a couple of months!!!:o

MMMM Bike Week last t-shirt 2007 think it's time to come down again. lol

Love Driving from Daytona Beach to Sanford during bike week. I used to spend my winters there a few years ago. Now I'm hooked up with my significant other here on the West Coast. She Retired this year but thinks Florida is to far to go for the winter so thinking about Arizona instead. Wonder if they have bike week in Scottsdale, lol

Dan, that's very difficult to predict..Bear in mind that there will be 1,281,497 kids out of colleges & university's that week..

Mexico has been a large spring break destination for college kids in other years..Wonder what it will be like in 2010 if there is a swine flu pandemic..More kids than usual might decide to book cruises, rather than taking the chance to fly to Mexico during spring break especially if their Parents are paying & have anything to say about where they spend spring braak...

We don't know how many primary & secondary schools will have spring break during that period..

Perhaps some Travel Agents who regularly post on this board could give you an idea..

I've heard that you can call Ships Services & inquire as to the number of kids on board a certain ship..

Betty

;

Betty,

Thanks for the info. Been thinking about it for a couple of days now. We are unable to cruise this yr. We really enjoyed the Eurodam so much last year we wanted to go on it again. Not going to back out now, but thanks again for the info. No matter who's onboard we will be on the Eurodam. A very positive attitude here Betty.

Dan

MMMM Bike Week last t-shirt 2007 think it's time to come down again. lol

Love Driving from Daytona Beach to Sanford during bike week. I used to spend my winters there a few years ago. Now I'm hooked up with my significant other here on the West Coast. She Retired this year but thinks Florida is to far to go for the winter so thinking about Arizona instead. Wonder if they have bike week in Scottsdale, lol

If the France family can make a buck they'll make sure they have it in Az. One of the locals was killed in a bike accident near Sturgis a couple of weeks ago. Did you know Big Bruce?

Betty,

Thanks for the info. Been thinking about it for a couple of days now. We are unable to cruise this yr. We really enjoyed the Eurodam so much last year we wanted to go on it again. Not going to back out now, but thanks again for the info. No matter who's onboard we will be on the Eurodam. A very positive attitude here Betty.Dan

Dan You know the right formula & a Positive attitude it is: :):)

Any day on the water is a better day than on land..We've never had a bad cruise..

One day we may be able to cruise on the Noordam & Eurodam, but will wait till our cruise in Nov. is done & hopefully will take the Bos to Bos on the Maasdam next year..Perhaps after that will see what the Noordam &/or Eurodam has to offer..

Have fun planning for your cruise..:)Betty

Archived