The Drifters on Freedom of Seas?

I saw someone else (Radio, I believe) post a cruise compass, and noticed "The Drifters" were one night's entertainment. Are they always on the FOS? We're are on the Sept 6th sailing and my FIL would love to see them. Anyone know? Also I'm assuming they are not the original Drifters, but replacements along the years. It would be really cool, since even my DD knows Under the Broadwalk!

I've seen the Drifters twice - once on the FOS, and once on Adventure (I think). They do bounce around and, as chazg said, the contracted entertainment does change. RCI will be able to tell who who is scheduled for your cruise.

I saw someone else (Radio, I believe) post a cruise compass, and noticed "The Drifters" were one night's entertainment. Are they always on the FOS? We're are on the Sept 6th sailing and my FIL would love to see them. Anyone know? Also I'm assuming they are not the original Drifters, but replacements along the years. It would be really cool, since even my DD knows Under the Broadwalk!

A few weeks ago, I believe someone posted the entertainment for that cruise on the roll call thread.

I saw the Drifters in Bermuda back in 1975. We also saw the Drifters on a cruise a couple of years ago. There have actually been as many as three different groups calling themselves the Drifters. There have been court cases over the name. I am not really sure which of the groups we actually saw, but I do know the one on the cruise (they were great) included the son of the original founder of the Drifters, Clyde McFatter. I believe they might have gone under the name The Original Drifters.

Here is a link to more information about The Drifters.

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-drifters

The Drifters have a long history of changes of members and groups. Some of the very first have died. Others still perform around the world. Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters mentioned by sab490 (as the group is called, and has deeper relations to the earliest group) is actually having a show in Sebring, Florida on September 6, so they won't be on the FOS (Your ship is sailing as they are starting their show). Another form of the Drifters is performing in the UK on the 10th of September. So they are not likely the group on the FOS either.

It is possible a form of the group could be on one of the ships out there.

We saw The Original Drifters on one of the cruises and they were good.

They were on FOS last December also, and yes, one of this group is from the original group, but only one. I believe one or two are either sons/relatives of the original members. They were still pretty good and very entertaining.

We were on Freedom 26th July.They were on then,unforunately they didn't do Under the Boardwalk.They were still good.

They were on FOS last December also, and yes, one of this group is from the original group, but only one. I believe one or two are either sons/relatives of the original members. They were still pretty good and very entertaining.

It is possible the the Original Drifters that are performing in Sebring could fly to one of the islands and join the cruise in progress. Sometimes the entertainment will change ships during cruises and have shows on different ships in the same week. The ones in Sebring are supposed to include Reggie Funderburke, Richard Dunbar, Chuck Cockerham, and Ron Jackson McPhatter.

We saw the American Drifters (who are based in London, LOL) on our Jewel Baltics cruise in 2007. They were terrific. I'd love to see them perform again!

They told us over drinks one night that they have to use "American" or "Original" in front of "Drifters" because of copyright (or was it trademark?) laws for the original "the Drifters" name.

how do i find the roll call for the FOS 09/06 sailing?

Come over and join the roll call and sign up for the meet and mingle. There is also a cabin crawl planned. I copied this from another poster on the roll call

Just received an e-mail from RCCL concerning entertainment on our upcoming Sept 6th cruise. Here it is for anyone interested:

Magician- Drew Thomas

Comedian- Tony Daro

Aerial Act- Jimmy and Ana

Featured Ice Act- Elena and Dmitri

Cocktail Pianist- Paul O'Shea

Pub Entertainer- Scott Perham

Latin Trio- Mambo Ye

Productin Shows- Once Upon A Time- Marquee- Now You See It

We were on Freedom 26th July.They were on then,unforunately they didn't do Under the Boardwalk.They were still good.

I was on this cruise I and remember singing with them "Under the Boardwalk". Maybe you stepped out for a minute?:confused: Anyway this was Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters and they were later in the week so very well could have boarded in St. Thomas or St. Maarten. I REALLY enjoyed them too!

We are cruising the Freedom 12/6 and I sure hope the Drifters are there. You won't see Bill Pinkney though, he passed away in 2007. He lived in Sumter SC and I had read a big article about it at the time he passed away. There is also a DooWop cruise on the Freedom at the end of April 2010. I would love to take that but we are on the Oasis so not possible.

We cruised on the Voyager in May in Europe and the Drifters sang one evening. One of them was an original - the rest were replacements and they also have a woman that sings with them now. It was an enjoyable show.:)

I was on this cruise I and remember singing with them "Under the Boardwalk". Maybe you stepped out for a minute?:confused: Anyway this was Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters and they were later in the week so very well could have boarded in St. Thomas or St. Maarten. I REALLY enjoyed them too!

Very often, Guest entertainers will join the ship part way thru a cruise, and then leave part way thru the next, that way they can perform to 2 different set of cruisers for 1 weeks pay !!

Archived