Booked inside guarantee and got a 4F

clerky96

I am really excited about it. It has french doors that open (no balcony). Only thing that is disappointing is that we got one of the cabins with the lifeboat directly in front of the door. Oh well! Got a 4A-4F upgrade. I have joked and said if the ship is going down we can always climb out our door into the lifeboat instead of going to the muster station! :D Just kidding!

I do have one question, though. Are the lifeboats so close that you can reach out and touch them, or are they a little ways out? Wondering if we will be able to see anything at all out the door. I have looked at pics of a couple of cabins, but can't really tell. They look close enough to touch.

If the ship does go down everyone on your floor will be running through your cabin, so keep it neat and hide your booze.:D

Yes, if you lean over the railing you can touch the lifeboat. Our cabin was right in the middle of a lifeboat. If you sit on the edge of the bed you could look up and see some sky. Standing at the railing you can also see some of the sea.

NICE! :)

I loved my 4F. You must be on the Spirit class ships. I had one on the Pride and loved it. I paid for mine though and picked mine to be between lifeboats for the view. You won't be disappointed.

Fresh air - a little natural sunlight - a few decks higher than riviera - great upgrade. I would pick a 4F over a 6A anyday on the Spirit class. Here are pics from mine on the Pride:

my album: http://travel.webshots.com/album/570839147qgYuBC

2152593730040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2801789960040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2883111260040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

You can see by these pictures exactly how close they are. I think it would be a pretty hard lean to touch them - they aren't that close.

I am really excited about it. It has french doors that open (no balcony). Only thing that is disappointing is that we got one of the cabins with the lifeboat directly in front of the door. Oh well! Got a 4A-4F upgrade. I have joked and said if the ship is going down we can always climb out our door into the lifeboat instead of going to the muster station! :D Just kidding!

I do have one question, though. Are the lifeboats so close that you can reach out and touch them, or are they a little ways out? Wondering if we will be able to see anything at all out the door. I have looked at pics of a couple of cabins, but can't really tell. They look close enough to touch.

Used to be a Category 5A. Here are pictures of mine from the Pride and the Miracle. The room on the Pride was an upgrade from a 1A inside cabin ;-)

Yes, we're on the Legend. I think I read that these used to be balcony cabins years ago. Now you can't go outside, but you can at least open the doors, feel the fresh air, and see some sunshine. I would have liked to have been between lifeboats, but oh well. I paid for inside guarantee. From the looks of your pics, touching the lifeboats would be pretty impossible. Thanks for posting the pics.

BTW Solo1959, I would have enjoyed your pics, too. Can't see enough pics.

Archived