Barbados Snorkeling

loves2cruz

Has anyone been to Folkstone lately? Is this the best place to snorkel? Is there a nice beach that you can walk to after snorkeling here?

Is it possible to go by bus from outside the cruise ship terminal? About how long does it take to get here?

Last time in Barbados was not a good experience with taxi driver.

Would Mullens be better?

Thanks

Last time we were in Barbados, we went with a local company. Not part of a cruise ship excursion. After 8 cruises, I count this among the top 2 or 3 excursions we've ever done. If not the top excursion. Staff was great, we snorked with sea turtles, then over a ship wreck. Afterwards, lunch was served on board the catamaran plus beverages of course. They actually turned off the engines and we SAILED back to port.

Check out the website

http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing%20home.htm

Last time we were in Barbados, we went with a local company. Not part of a cruise ship excursion. After 8 cruises, I count this among the top 2 or 3 excursions we've ever done. If not the top excursion. Staff was great, we snorked with sea turtles, then over a ship wreck. Afterwards, lunch was served on board the catamaran plus beverages of course. They actually turned off the engines and we SAILED back to port.

Check out the website

I'm almost sure that's the same charter my wife and I took a couple of years ago. The captain looked like Brad Pitt (according to my wife) and they served a shepherd's pie that was quite tasty. We highly recommend it.

Check out the website

Thank you for your suggestion. I was thinking about a cat, but I am somewhat concerned if there will be enough shade. For me it's enough sun while in the water, but the rest of the time I like shade. Did you find that there was a lot of shade outside on the cat. I really don't like to sit inside. Were you on the 12 passenger or 24 passenger?

Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you for your suggestion. I was thinking about a cat, but I am somewhat concerned if there will be enough shade. For me it's enough sun while in the water, but the rest of the time I like shade. Did you find that there was a lot of shade outside on the cat. I really don't like to sit inside. Were you on the 12 passenger or 24 passenger?

Thanks so much for your help.

We were on the 24 passenger.

Outside,,, no shade. Having said that, the inside is not a sealed enclosure. It's open air with the sea breeze blowing through.

Without having shade and for an all day excursion I think i would rather be sitting outside under a palm tree or umbrella at some point.

Is there a beach that offers reasonably good shore snorkeling?

I've heard Folkstone might be good and was wondering if anyone had any personal experience.

Thanks

Archived