Avis closed in Whittier for Summer 2010???

Travel_Maven

This has to be a mistake. :confused: I called Avis Rent-a-Car today to reserve for a pick-up in Anchorage and drop-off in Whittier for next June. I was told over and over again that Whittier is a seasonal location and is closed from May through September of next year. This is crazy. That is high tourist season with thousands of cruise passengers wanting to rent and drop off in Whittier. Also, why would it be open during the winter snow months? I tried to call customer service with no answer so I emailed them. I am waiting for an answer (if I get one at all). If anyone has any information on this situation could you please let me know. Thanks!!

Not to worry! Just spoke to Avis agent in Anchorage. She checked with a manager who said the specific dates of business for the Whittier office have not been entered in the computer system yet. They will definately be open but won't post dates until sometime in October. They are typically closed from September to May...not the other way around. Thank goodness!:) Hope this helps any other early planners like me!

Archived