Airtran / Layover in ATL

Cookie2boys

Minimum Connection Time at ATL for FL is 30 minutes. The good news is that AirTran only uses two of the 6 concourses at ATL. Know the layout of the airport so you can move expeditiously to your new gate. I would also do whatever you can to sit as far forward as possible to avoid delays leaving the aircraft.

Good luck. Don't dawdle.

Minimum Connection Time at ATL for FL is 30 minutes. The good news is that AirTran only uses two of the 6 concourses at ATL. Know the layout of the airport so you can move expeditiously to your new gate. I would also do whatever you can to sit as far forward as possible to avoid delays leaving the aircraft.

Good luck. Don't dawdle.

Thank You. How do I get a map of the layout?

We flew on Air Tran through Atlanta 2 yrs. ago with only a 40 min layover each way. On our way to the cruise, we had no problem. On our way home, we got to Atlanta early, then there was lots of air traffic, so we ended up landing late, and had 10 min. to get to our connecting flight. Of course, it was in the other terminal, so we ran. Got there, and they said we couldn't board, as Air Tran closes their doors about 10 min. before takeoff. We got there about 5 min. before takeoff. So, we had to wait for the next flight available. Of course, it was running late (1 hour) so that gave us plenty of time in Atlanta.

Other than that, we fly Air Tran alot, and that was the only problem we have encountered. I would be very nervous about only a 40 min. layover on my way to a cruise, but on the way home, not so much a problem.

Archived