£900 award after cruise is ruined

zider

yes i fully understand the judgement and the award to Mr Hoyland, he won the case as far as the claim for went for the overbooking in Brittania, it was clear that Cunard were at fault , he failed to prove fault as regards the sickness, still not sure if it fair to say it was greed or maybe he wanted to prove a point.......on the other hand ......i have changed my mind, he was greedy, he should have taken the cash and ran. Serves him right for been a tight yorkshireman.

what would you do if there was no room in the restaurant and they put you somewhere that you did not like, out of interest.

Dine in cabin/stateroom. We actually do this for at least one night whilst on board. Very romantic.;)

Jackie :)

what would you do if there was no room in the restaurant and they put you somewhere that you did not like, out of interest.

First I would check out the annex to see if it was OK, and ask for some OBC. If it is not OK, I would enquire about availability in the Grills. If that doesn't work out, I would request Todd English for free for half the time, room service for the rest. If none of that worked out, I would simply sit back and enjoy my trip, I don't think I would let a mix up over dining ruin my pleasure of being able to savour being onboard! The food would be just as great, and I wouldn't have to do the dishes. That's enough for me.

How unusual for Carnival to offer a settlement..they usually leave any disgruntled hanging till they go away. But it is interesting for future litagation how the judge saw this case and the fact Carnival offered $2500 to settle. Hopefully future litagants will see this and use it against Carnival.

The Judge would not have known what the offer from Cunard was.

Nice result though. Minor naughtiness from Cunard, which should have been settled on board (assuming the passenger was reasonable) and should never have reached the court.

And the decision, as it is at County Court level, is not a precedent for future cases.

How unusual for Carnival to offer a settlement..they usually leave any disgruntled hanging till they go away. But it is interesting for future litagation how the judge saw this case and the fact Carnival offered $2500 to settle. Hopefully future litagants will see this and use it against Carnival.

There have been a number of people who have received satisfactory offers from Cunard. I have twice had that pleasure - once relating to a shoreside error, and one resulting from an on-board error. At no point did I have to do anything - in each case the offer came unrequested.

If there is a genuine mistake, they are fine. It is only when they get people obsessed with compensation that there is a problem.

Archived