cruise email addy - how it works

CruiserRose

Am I reading it correctly or is receiving email to your ship email address complimentary?

No way at all.

I think that address goes to the ship's staff. They print it out and then deliver it to you,at a cost.

Am I reading it correctly or is receiving email to your ship email address complimentary?

thats what i am reading.

this is nice, we can forward our emails to this account and monitor them for free, if there is an email that has to be responded too then logon and pay per minute to send an email. 3.95 to send an email is ridicilous....

BTW, thanks bakerintn -- nice page, thanks for posting the link

Correction to my posting above. I reading the link provided by BakerTN I see that incoming emails are complimentary. I think that is new and really no idea how that works. I am wondering if the email is free, but getting to might cost? No idea really.

By the way, if somebody needs to get us while we are away, they just call our cell phone. Yes, it is $2.50 per minute, but they can get us when they need to and not wait for us to go check email.

i use to be ADDICTED to the INTERNET and being on a cruise how could i be without...so i did the INTERNET thing...$$$$$ but what the heck....well it is so SLOWWWWWWWWWW or was i havent used the last few cruises

but from reading posts about it...it is still SLOWWWWWWW and uses up ALOT of minutes/very frustrating:mad:

SAVE YOUR MONEY....

if someone that has used the free email account could answer my question. it would be GREATLY appreciated.

anyone ever used this free email account from NCL? can you access it without purchasing internet minutes?

atr

if someone that has used the free email account could answer my question. it would be GREATLY appreciated.

anyone ever used this free email account from NCL? can you access it without purchasing internet minutes?

atr

Unless things have changed since we sailed a year ago, you will have to buy internet time. The incoming emails might be free, but the internet time to access your account isn't. We usually buy a block of internet time to keep up with our elderly parents and our daughter, but there is a cost involved.

I know you are waiting for a specific answer...that BTW I do not have:o

Anyway I wanted to share that you can have your incoming emails forwarded to your Outlook Express account. Then you can go online and spend maybe two minutes to download the emails. Then you log off and answer them all and then log on and spend about 3 minutes to upload.

I did this last cruise and saved big bucks. I have to answer client's questions daily even while I am cruising and this was a big help. I averaged 8-10 email responses a day.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

• 1 month later...
Receipt of the internet mail is complimentary.

If you actually want to access and read it on board, you need to purchase internet minutes.

This is exactly right. I confirmed it with the Internet Cafe manager on my Jewel cruise last week. As many veteran CC posters have indicated in the past, passengers should not use the email address that NCL assigns in their cruise docs because of the exorbitant $3.95 fee for sending emails. The complimentary nature of receiving email is misleading since you still have to pay for internet time to access them. Stick with your regular internet-based account (AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.).

i use to be ADDICTED to the INTERNET and being on a cruise how could i be without...so i did the INTERNET thing...$$$$$ but what the heck....well it is so SLOWWWWWWWWWW or was i havent used the last few cruises

but from reading posts about it...it is still SLOWWWWWWW and uses up ALOT of minutes/very frustrating:mad:

SAVE YOUR MONEY....

It's quite presumptuous of you to tell others to save money, without knowing any individual's situation. :( I have completely the opposite opinion. I always bring my laptop and I don't mind the slow internet at all (or the cost for it). Also, as someone else has pointed out, there are "shortcuts" that can save you time and money if your focus is only e-mail and you are bringing your own computer.

Archived