Florence to Rome Tour?

Cy'all@C

We will need to get from Florence to Rome and thought in order to bypass the train ride (lugging luggage) we'd book a tour that would show us some sights and drop us off at our Rome B&B. Has anyone done this and what do you recommend? Thanks.

Trudy

We have booked a driver from Florence to Rome with a stop in Assisi. Its 500 for two couples. We have him for 12 hours. He also grew up in the area and promises to give us a tour.

What company did you use? I found this company http://www.threemillennia.com/tours/ while searching other threads which put the idea in my head to bypass the train to Rome.

<Need to get to Florence or get to Rome from Florence and don’t want to do the typical train ride? Well then let us pick you up in your starting city and we will take you on a tour through the hill towns along the way and drop you off at your destination city in the evening. Where will we stop along the way? That depends, what are you more interested in! Wine? Cheese? Shopping? Art? etc.>

Anyone have experience with 3millennia? I'm waiting on a price quote from them.

Trudy

I've done tours in Rome (as have people I know) with them but there was no driving involved. I don't know about the entire staff, but the two people I have met are both Americans living in Rome, so there was no language issue. We had very enjoyable tours with them.

I've done tours in Rome (as have people I know) with them but there was no driving involved. I don't know about the entire staff, but the two people I have met are both Americans living in Rome, so there was no language issue. We had very enjoyable tours with them.

Thanks for your response. I was hoping to have received a quote by now from them but haven't heard anything so I've resent my inquiry.

Anyone know of other companies that offer tours from Florence to Rome? TIA

Trudy

Thanks euro cruiser. I received a detailed email from 3 Millennia tours and am considering booking the Wine, Vatican City, Ancient City and Rome @ Sunset semi-private tours...all which seem to be reasonably priced. http://www.threemillennia.com/semi-private-group-tours/ I got the lead from you from another board, so thanks for posting it! This should cover all the highlights in Rome and leave us some time to explore on our own during our 3 night stay. Just wondering if catching a cab to the designated meeting spots would be our best bet and what's the typical taxi fare? We are a party of 4 travelling together. Any additional input is appreciated.

Trudy

Just wondering if catching a cab to the designated meeting spots would be our best bet and what's the typical taxi fare? We are a party of 4 travelling together.

I can't be much help on this as I typically walk in Rome - everything is so close. When that doesn't work I take buses.

The comune of Rome publishes information on taxi fares on their web site: http://www.comune.roma.it/was/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_21L?menuPage=/Area_di_navigazione/Sezioni_del_portale/Dipartimenti_e_altri_uffici/Dipartimento_VII/Trasporto_pubb-9-_non_di_linea/TAXI/Tariffa_fissa_da_e_per_aeroporti/Fixed_rates_from_and_to_the_airports/

Scroll down past the airport taxi information to find the city rate specifics. I always encourage people to print information like this out and take it with them to help avoid being taken by less than honest drivers.

Archived