are any of the balcony rooms on MSC fantasia obstructed view?

sbtw13

Hi-

I feel like I saw somewhere that some balcony rooms are obstructed by the lifeboats. But I have done so much research on different options that now I'm not sure which ship it was! In looking at the Fantasia floor plan it looks like deck 8 is the lowest with balconies, and they would not be obstructed- but I just wanted to check. Has anyone been on a deck 8 fantasia balcony room and was it obstructed? thanks so much!

Hi sbtw13

I've just checked one of the photos i took of the Fantasia and the lifeboats are all supspended from decks lower down than where the blacony cabins are situated. It is normally the oceanview staterooms on the lower decks that can be obstructed. On the fantasia, i'd expect deck 7 and lowere to be affected (based on where the muster drills were being held)

I've just (literally) got back from a cruise on Splendida and we had balcony rooms on deck 8. The view is partially obstructed by the lifeboats but not to the point that it gave us any reason to complain. We were still able to see out past the lifeboats.

Hi Buggins,

It was amazing! A truly beautiful ship with so much to do that I'm surprised we didn't meet ourselves coming back a lot of the time. We crammed so much into our week! We only arrived back in London this evening and are very tired after walking round Rome all day yesterday, staying up very late to make the most of our last night on board and rising early this morning for disembarkation. I've still got sea legs!

As soon as I feel more rested and have completed my journey home to the Welsh borders tomorrow, I'll post a detailed review of our trip.

Nobody to turn my bed down tonight and I'm going to have to learn to tolerate waking up in the same location that I went to sleep! :(

thankyou all so much!! We keep on looking at the pictures, and depending on the angle sometimes it looks like we will be obstructed and sometimes it looks like it wouldn't be. We are booked onto deck 8 and really looking forward to it.

• 5 years later...
I am hoping that someone has a picture of how bad the obstruction was on deck 8.

If you look at external views of Divina and Fantasia, (and play spot the difference, and there are some major ones) you can see the lifeboats , and their positions are exactly the same. So then the image i'll post further down of a view from a cabin on Divina is valid for Fantasia as well.

NB this is on the Fantasia deck plans

* Cabins 8138, 8140, 8141, 8142, 8143, 8144, 8145, 8147 have partially restricted views

These cabins have worse views than the one I'm posting which is not labelled as resricted views on the deck plans.

DIVINA%20FANTASIA.jpg

image courtesy of cruisetrail

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here is an image, which show where some of the MSC designated "Partially restricted view" cabins( because of the higher davits on the one smaller lifeboat) and the area cruisetrails image was taken from.

Hope this image helps you undrstand what the views over the lifeboats is like

Fantasia

fantasiaRV.jpg

HERE IS THE EQUIVALENT DIVINA IMAGE

Divina%20rv_1.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 7 months later...