Diamond C&A Benefit: Is Dry Cleaning Included? What else have I missed?

I am relatively NEW to our Diamond Status in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society (their past guest program). Funny, I thought I knew about all our benefits, but I recently was reading that one could get FREE dry cleaning through the concierge. Is this true? Short of people here at Cruise Critic posting this informaiton, I have never seen it mentioned on the cruise line's website, and it never occured to me to ask!

What other things are available to us Diamond members that I am not aware of? I know about the special check-in, the priority disembarkation, balcony discount, the coupon books, the party and the concierge lounge. It would be very helpful if someone could tell me what the concierge can do for you in addition to ice show tickets and restaurant reservations.

We are not the demanding type, so it would never have occured to me to ask about anything else. I don't NEED free dry cleaning, but it's nice to know it's there, if indeed that's true.

Suzi

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

I just called Crown and Anchor and asked this question as it was news to me and I have been Diamond for quite a while.

The rep laughed and said he had never heard that one before but it is definitely not true.

It would make a good suggestion, though!

RCI(37),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

That was someone else on another thread asking about the dry cleaning, and they got the same "no" answer.

You also get goodies in your cabin, usually sweets or canapes. I may not be absolutely correct on this, because we've been on a few back-to-backs, and someone said you get the goodies for that reason. However, I remember getting them on a one weeker last year, too.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

Thanks everyone!

I know to take what I read here with a grain of salt - but it's interesting note that this issue was mentioned in another thread, and I too questioned it. But interestingly enough, several people chimed in that they too received free dry cleaning as one of their Diamond Perks, otherwise I would not have asked about it here.

Like you, I had a hunch this was NOT the case, but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks again for your rapid response.

Suzi

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

I wish they had free laundry for diamond members, I would get all my clothes cleaned before I went home. icon_smile.gif

RCCL 15 times

Celebrity 1

Carnival 1

Sitmar 1

Up next:

Radiance 11/21/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas

03/20/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;05;30;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Golden Princess

03/27/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;05;30;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We just returned from a 2-night cruise on the Voyager from Port Liberty. About 75 diamond members of the C&A Society were on board for this 2 night cruise, all expenses paid. The rest of the passengers were travel agents and representatives from the media. We had sailed on 25 cruises with RCCL, and all diamond members on board had at least sailed 20 times with the line.

During the cocktail party for the C&A members, a RCCL representative spoke of an upcoming Diamond Plus status for repeaters of more than 20 cruises. My husband thought she said 25, but I am almost certain that it is 20. I believe that it will take effect after the first of the year.

They are still working on the details and additional ammenities to be offered.

Ginnie

Archived