Venice San Basilio to airport by land taxi

cezanne1204

My husband and I will be on the Wind Surf 9/6 sailing and plan (hopefully) to take a land taxi from the port (San Basilio) to the airport on 9/13. Does anyone know whether land taxis are readily available at the pier? If not, can anyone recommend a site for arranging transfers by land taxi in advance? Thanks.

There are no taxis at San Basilio. You can hire a private water taxi- Likely $150 or more to the airport or take a vaporetto (public water bus) from San Basilio to Piazzale Roma. From there you can take either a land taxi or aa Alilaguna water bus to the airport. If your flight times are close you may have to take a private water taxi.

a bgreat site for info is http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

Windstar may also offer a transfer.

• 4 weeks later...

We have just returned from a wonderful Windstar Wind Surf round trip Venice cruise. For information concerning airport transfers, land taxis are generally available when disembarking the ship. If you prefer to arrange transportation in advance, I highly recommend http://www.venice-limousine.com. They were there when we requested, helpful and expedient. Our transfer was 53 euros. Water taxis are far more expensive. Of course, you can do the "public" transport but you will have to make a stop and change vaporettos (all while dealing with your luggage).

Archived