HELP! I have lost my Uncle and Aunt!

foft

Just checked on their past posts and in August of 2007 he or she identified themself as a pharmacist from Ontario. They also took a cruise out of FLL in August 2007. Just food for thought. Too bad if it is a hoax because people get into the helping mood and it just isn't fair to string CC along.

I think we should just agree to disagree! :D The statistics considers the actual city of Miami, which is small. They consider NYC to be the five boroughs, which is large. You still get accurate statistics when you do the math. I can understand not wanting to have your city put in a bad light. I get that. However, it is more dangerous than many metropolitan cities in the U.S.. That isn't me being rude, or mean - it's just a cold hard fact. It has made the top three of the most dangerous cities in America - with some distinctions to area as well (north miami, miami gardens...). There are cool places and nice areas in Miami - I'm just saying that you need to be on your toes there more than other places. Remember when they built the new performing arts center? People had to park and walk and they had a spate of muggings and a couple of murders....

Oh Trust me MIami is a horrible city, thats why I left. Spent my entire life there and love it because it is home, but man horrible place to live and not because of the crime. One last thing about statistics... and since everyone feels wikipedia is an authority now a days (sarcasm :))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

If you go by these numbers I am just as likely to face a violent crime in Nashville, Milwakee, Phili, Cleveland. Heck look at Memphis, I think I was just shot by someone because I was thinking of visiting (lol). So that poster from Tennessee, depending where you live in TN, Miami might be an imporvement. I am sure if you ask people to rank what cities I listed as dangerous, they would probably put Miami in the top 3 if not number 1. Why? Perception.

I will agree to disagree with you, but I still think Miami is as dangerous as any other major metro area.

Well i wasn't going to post but here i go. What i hate about threads like these is the waiting we all have to do. Someone says something that has us at the edge of our seats and then nothing for the next few days. In the meantime other CC member start arguing out different things. To me threads like these are just one big mess. I hope everything gets worked out for the good.

Well i wasn't going to post but here i go. What i hate about threads like these is the waiting we all have to do. Someone says something that has us at the edge of our seats and then nothing for the next few days. In the meantime other CC member start arguing out different things. To me threads like these are just one big mess. I hope everything gets worked out for the good.

Well what else are we supposed to do while we wait for the OP to come back and give us more details? lol :)

I go on several cruises every year and nobody from my family knows nothing but I am on the ocean on a ship. I do not tell them what port I am going out of or what cruise line I am sailing with. If there is a family emergency or death, put them on ice, and I will find out after my vacation when I get home.

I do carry a cell phone just to contact my limo to pick me up at the airport, maybe some people just don't have to stay in contact every move they make or want to be bothered on vacation. Maybe they do not carry cell phones or think they needed to check in with folks at home. They are on vacation. Relax:cool:

Just my 2 cents worth. I think this whole post is a hoax. I think they are checking the responses and laughing.

I would never assume that, especially with the fact that they are known contributors on here. There are many other reasons why they may not have returned and I just hope it is a good simple reason and nothing unfortunate. Not everyone posts on here daily. Actually only a very small percentage of the membership does. Best wishes to the OP and the Aunt and Uncle. (And if I'm duped, that's okay. I'd rather be that than cynical)

Miami is a perfectly fine place Jon. Seeing as you are from Tennessee I can understand why Miami would seem "exotic" to someone like you and thus not a great place.

I am quite aware of what Miami Is and how Miami is, I have been there numerous time.

My point was it if someone doesn't know where to avoid, they shouldn't be left to wander around.

I would never assume that, especially with the fact that they are known contributors on here. There are many other reasons why they may not have returned and I just hope it is a good simple reason and nothing unfortunate. Not everyone posts on here daily. Actually only a very small percentage of the membership does. Best wishes to the OP and the Aunt and Uncle. (And if I'm duped, that's okay. I'd rather be that than cynical)

I'm with you guys. Some things smack of hoax from the very first word, but this one did not seem to be that kind of story. I would rather err on the side of being compassionate than to be hard and cynical in the face of something that could end up being a tragedy.

They could be missing but not proven to be missing yet. Perhaps OP is hesitant to "call out the posse" just yet. Lots of explanations. We can just trust and pray that the aunt and uncle are OK.

Kathy

I'm with you guys. Some things smack of hoax from the very first word, but this one did not seem to be that kind of story. I would rather err on the side of being compassionate than to be hard and cynical in the face of something that could end up being a tragedy.

They could be missing but not proven to be missing yet. Perhaps OP is hesitant to "call out the posse" just yet. Lots of explanations. We can just trust and pray that the aunt and uncle are OK.

Kathy

I agree

:cj

Well I left the board yesterday thinking surely by today you would have found your aunt and uncle - I come back to chaos about Miami. LOL!

Well did you find them!?!?!?!?

LOL

Yes, the OP came along, pulled the pin on a little hand grenade, tossed it into this thread and went off to watch the explosion from a distance...... :D

Well, it has convinced me to give my dad my extra cell phone. I forgot that he doesn't have one, and I sure don't want to have to freak out about him wandering lost somewhere. He doesn't quite understand why I'm suddenly concerned about him having a cell phone, but I'm using this as a teachable moment, hoax or not. :)

I really don't think this is a hoax at all. Do you really think the OP joined in 2006 with the plan of posting small, innocuous things, like the post in which the ask about car seats, while just biding their time until August, 2009 when they can finally post their clever hoax, reeling us all in?

Seems more outrageous to me than the original predicament. :)

Well, it has convinced me to give my dad my extra cell phone. I forgot that he doesn't have one, and I sure don't want to have to freak out about him wandering lost somewhere. He doesn't quite understand why I'm suddenly concerned about him having a cell phone, but I'm using this as a teachable moment, hoax or not. :)

So, Dad is a senior citizen who is easily lost and confused in new surroundings?

So, Dad is a senior citizen who is easily lost and confused in new surroundings?

Well, technically he's a senior citizen, but he's quite savvy and with it:) I just think everyone should have a cell phone, just in case. My dad always tells me not to worry if something happens to him while he's in the car because he has AAA. But how is he going to call AAA if he doesn't have a phone?!

I think we should just agree to disagree! :D The statistics considers the actual city of Miami, which is small. They consider NYC to be the five boroughs, which is large. You still get accurate statistics when you do the math. I can understand not wanting to have your city put in a bad light. I get that. However, it is more dangerous than many metropolitan cities in the U.S.. That isn't me being rude, or mean - it's just a cold hard fact. It has made the top three of the most dangerous cities in America - with some distinctions to area as well (north miami, miami gardens...). There are cool places and nice areas in Miami - I'm just saying that you need to be on your toes there more than other places. Remember when they built the new performing arts center? People had to park and walk and they had a spate of muggings and a couple of murders....

Is it more dangerous then Detroit?

Well, technically he's a senior citizen, but he's quite savvy and with it:) I just think everyone should have a cell phone, just in case. My dad always tells me not to worry if something happens to him while he's in the car because he has AAA. But how is he going to call AAA if he doesn't have a phone?!

I ask because my husband and many of my friends would be considered senior citizens and would find your post patronizing and somewhat insulting to their abilities.

LOL

Yes, the OP came along, pulled the pin on a little hand grenade, tossed it into this thread and went off to watch the explosion from a distance...... :D

As much as I worry about posts like this being someones idea of a fun pasttime- it is quite believeable that they are too busy dealing with this issue to post on the internet? At first it could have been being over protective and it may have turned into a real issue. WHo knows they could have flown to Florida to find them themselves. I doubt if it is a real problem they would be worried about leaving an online message board in suspense.

Archived