We saw Dolphins

cruising3times

A couple of years ago on the Pride we were looking out a window on the ship and there were about twenty bottlenose dolphins. what an amazing site. I never thought this would happen again but Sunday when we were coming into the Tampa port for a second time on the Miracle we saw a couple of dolphins. I couldn't believe our luck. I did not have a camera with me either time.

I have never seen them on all 44 Cruises I have taken. I will not give up. One of these days I will see them. However while vacationing in St. Petersburg near "The Pier", I saw them along side the pier playing and frolicking in the bay. It was an amazing site to behold. I was thrilled.

Oh, I hope we see them on our Cruise out of Port Canaveral!! My high school band played the Mardi Gras parades in the early 80's and on that long 20 some hour bus ride from Kansas City to New Orleans we saw something, no one was sure if it was an alligator or crocadile so the rest of the trip we were telling anyone who listened that we saw a crocagator. It was great because on the other two busses with us (close to 200 of us went from our school) no one saw it. just our bus. So maybe I'll be lucky enough to see dolphins on my cruise. Isn't that crazy? the most memorable thing to me was seeing a critter in the swampland. That and Andy Gibb was in the hotel elevator with us. Whoohooo!:eek:

I so hope to see some dolphins! I did see one while leaving Tampa on the Sensation, but just for a minute or so. I will be watching the wake as we leave Miami for sure!

I also saw flying fish almost every day on the Sensation cruise, very cool to watch them "fly" away from the ship.

What about whales in the caribbean? Does anyone know if we might spot some? That would truly be a sight!

Beaming90,

It seems you saw the fabled Crocogator. It has a Gator head on one end, a Croc head on the other and is one of the meanest critters alive. Why is it so mean you ask? With a head on each end, it can't go potty. That would make anything pretty mean!!

I haven't seen any dolphins while on a cruise, but My DH and I saw thousands of jelly fish (jellies :) ) after leaving Port Canaveral on the Fantasy. After the muster, we went up top to look over the rail and they were thick! We have pictures of them!Hope I see dolphins though on my Miracle cruise in March!

We saw a number of dolphins off Cape Cod on the return leg of our Canada cruise aboard Victory. Tried to take pictures, but didn't have the right lenses. (See that spot in the ocean? It's a dolphin...Honest!:) ) The year before, we took a boat trip out of Lewes, Delaware to see dolphins, and saw quite a few. (That time we were close enough that you can tell there are dolphins in the picture.)

I have never seen them on all 44 Cruises I have taken. I will not give up. One of these days I will see them. However while vacationing in St. Petersburg near "The Pier", I saw them along side the pier playing and frolicking in the bay. It was an amazing site to behold. I was thrilled.

We've seen them from the front of the ship when leaving port. Try going up to the very front.

We've seen a few dolphins here and there on cruises, but on the Spirit on the way back from Hawaii, we saw hundreds. It was AWESOME! They were leaping out of the water and swimming right up to the ship and back out again. Water was clear and you could see the spots on them. We've never seen such an amazing sight and I believe we were blessed to see them. I don't know if we'll ever see anything like that again. Although we did see a hammerhead shark swim right up to the ship while we were docked in Galveston, TX once. That was cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived