The 8-Day WHILRWIND Mystery Tour on the 8/15 Freedom. A review. With pics!

CeleBrat

Celebrat - great review! I've not been on the Freedom and don't have any plans for her anytime in the near future, but I just couldn't drag myself away from your review.

I love your story about debarking...but I don't think you were the last ones to leave. Check out this horrible story.

http://www.squaremouth.com/travel-advice/banned-for-life-from-carnival-cruise-lines-wrongly-accused-of-cabin-damage-squaremouth%E2%80%99s-ceo-speaks-out-about-family%E2%80%99s-ordeal/

Celebrat,

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for sharing your cruise with the rest of us! DH and I are sailing on Freedom on 10/10, and reading your review is making us anxious to board!

We are very much looking forward to the Virgin Gorda Baths - we're doing that excursion with a bunch of folks from our roll call thru Patchoue Tours, and after seeing your pictures, know that this will definitely be the highlight of our cruise!

Thanks again for sharing, and I look forward to reading future reveiws!

The END....

:)

That makes me sad! I like everyone else have totally enjoyed your awesome review!

Please pop onto the Carnival board and let us know when you write another one even though it's on another cruise line.

Yes, I read both of the other reviews in your signature. They are wonderful.

You are a fun adventurous family.

Happy sails!!

Celebrat - great review! I've not been on the Freedom and don't have any plans for her anytime in the near future, but I just couldn't drag myself away from your review.

I love your story about debarking...but I don't think you were the last ones to leave. Check out this horrible story.

http://www.squaremouth.com/travel-advice/banned-for-life-from-carnival-cruise-lines-wrongly-accused-of-cabin-damage-squaremouth%E2%80%99s-ceo-speaks-out-about-family%E2%80%99s-ordeal/

OMG! Thats terrible! those poor people!

Oh boy this is scary!

Will definitely be observant!

Thanks

I have COMPLETELY enjoyed your review. I set sail Saturday the 12th on the Freedom to the Eastern Caribbean as well. You have made me so excited for this cruise since I began reading your review. Don't get me wrong, I was excited anyway, but you just made it more exciting.

I can't wait until your next review!

Hi guys! I actually don't know what to do with myself tonight, as I'm not rushing to post the next installment of the review. So....I guess I'm sad the review is done too!

mapsmom--I will head over the NCL boards to read your review. Can't wait to see your pics!

And YIKES about that family that was detained. I'm so glad that despite the fact we clearly broke the rules, we weren't detained. Well, actually we were detained on the ship, kind of, since we couldn't get off easily. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments. I *think* I may have a few more pics to share with you. Just random pics from the ship that didn't really fit in anywhere in the review. I'll share them over the next few days.

Take care!

CeleBrat

Hi guys! I actually don't know what to do with myself tonight, as I'm not rushing to post the next installment of the review. So....I guess I'm sad the review is done too!

mapsmom--I will head over the NCL boards to read your review. Can't wait to see your pics!

And YIKES about that family that was detained. I'm so glad that despite the fact we clearly broke the rules, we weren't detained. Well, actually we were detained on the ship, kind of, since we couldn't get off easily. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments. I *think* I may have a few more pics to share with you. Just random pics from the ship that didn't really fit in anywhere in the review. I'll share them over the next few days.

Take care!

CeleBrat

Oh please post some random pics for us!! I have thoroughly enjoyed your review. Thank you so much for posting it. Gets me excited just to cruise.

Miriam

thanks for your advice about the pictures, I couldn't use the attachment thing - it just didn't work, so I went to shutterfly, and posted from there. Check out my review on the Norwegian threads - Gem review with pix.

:)

mapsmom, have you posted your review yet? I couldn't find it. Could you post the link to it here please? I would really like to read it. Thanks

Thanks for taking all of us along on your cruise! It's been a great ride and an awesome adventure to read about your vacation.

Of all the stores, I think the one I love the most is when your DH was telling his lunch companion about how you belinged to cruise critic, and how your research made your cruises both fun and ecomical. The way you expressed wonder and disbelief was very cute.

Like you, I am the planner, the one who does the research, books the cruise and the excursions. My DH is perfectly happy with this arrangement, but I have overheard him telling someone the same thing that your DH said. Just floored me!

Your review is, by far, one of the best I have ever read. Thanks again!

CeleBrat,

Thank you, once again for such a wonderful review. The time and effort you put into it is obvious and I so appreciate it!

You really captured the bittersweet feeling of the last day of a cruise. I found myself reading very slowly, just like I do with a book I love, because I didn't want it to end. Then, when you had your big adventure trying to leave the ship, I was reading as fast as I could, so I could see how it all turned out! The sign of a truly great writer!

I plan to use much of the information you've shared, especially your details regarding getting to the bus in St Thomas. We might try it this year, to get to Red Hook, as we get in at 7am and are scheduled on a day sail at 9am. Should be plenty of time...I hope!

Again, thank you so much for a great review!

CeleBrat - great review! It was like a good book that I couldn't put down. I can't wait for YOUR next cruise just so I can read the review. Your kids are adorable by the way!

Awww....thanks! Glad you liked the "book", which is what DH called it. He couldn't beleive I was writing so much about one "little" cruise. He would ask, "What more do you have to tell? Ship is nice, ports are good, food was good. The End."

Thanks for taking all of us along on your cruise! It's been a great ride and an awesome adventure to read about your vacation.

Of all the stores, I think the one I love the most is when your DH was telling his lunch companion about how you belinged to cruise critic, and how your research made your cruises both fun and ecomical. The way you expressed wonder and disbelief was very cute.

Like you, I am the planner, the one who does the research, books the cruise and the excursions. My DH is perfectly happy with this arrangement, but I have overheard him telling someone the same thing that your DH said. Just floored me!

Your review is, by far, one of the best I have ever read. Thanks again!

Thanks so much! And--our DHs must be soul brothers! They are kind of like little kids too. You just never know when they are paying attention to what you do and say )and surf on internet for), and sometimes will surprise you!

CeleBrat,

Thank you, once again for such a wonderful review. The time and effort you put into it is obvious and I so appreciate it!

You really captured the bittersweet feeling of the last day of a cruise. I found myself reading very slowly, just like I do with a book I love, because I didn't want it to end. Then, when you had your big adventure trying to leave the ship, I was reading as fast as I could, so I could see how it all turned out! The sign of a truly great writer!

I plan to use much of the information you've shared, especially your details regarding getting to the bus in St Thomas. We might try it this year, to get to Red Hook, as we get in at 7am and are scheduled on a day sail at 9am. Should be plenty of time...I hope!

Again, thank you so much for a great review!

Thanks so much! Have we sailed together before? Your user name sounds so familiar.

Also--happy travles with the St. Thomas bus. It was fun for us, and we will definitely be doing it again on a future trip. I do remember us driving by Red Hook, which is very recognizable by all the signs and the marina. You should have no problem finding it. So come back and let me know if you had an easier time catching that first bus near Kmart.

CeleBrat

Thanks so much! Have we sailed together before? Your user name sounds so familiar.

Also--happy travles with the St. Thomas bus. It was fun for us, and we will definitely be doing it again on a future trip. I do remember us driving by Red Hook, which is very recognizable by all the signs and the marina. You should have no problem finding it. So come back and let me know if you had an easier time catching that first bus near Kmart.

CeleBrat

Yes, I am one of your fellow former Legend cruise-mates. Plus we missed each other by one week on both the Costa Mediterranea and the Costa Fortuna. I'm pretty sure we chatted over on the Costa forum for both of those cruises.

You have inspired me to try the St Thomas bus and I will be printing off all you info about how to do it. I'll check back with you and let you know how it goes!

I really enjoyed your review. It was very professional, and should be used in a Carnival commercial. I was so mesmerized that when you mentioned about your husband telling the lady about Cruise Critics, I was thinking "That's a good site, I need to go there" LOL :D. You were able to get spike the attention of me and I believe all the other readers, and was able to help us reproduce the feelings associated with each event.

Also we purchase the S5200 for my Aunt on her birthday, which she took on her first cruise, and the pictures that came back were amazing; it is a Great Camera, and you took Excellent Pictures with it.:cool:

60 days til my first carnival cruise, and after reading this review, I can't wait:).

How is it possible that I'm still anxiously (and impatiently) awaiting my cruise, yet am experiencing that "icky feeling" in the pit of my stomach, similiar to what I feel when my cruise is OVER? LOL

And that is SO FUNNY about your missing the ship.

I have to ask if you have notes on the process of getting over to the Baths. My kids would LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I just wondered if you had some "easy to follow" instructions (with ballpark prices?) for me? :o:D If you do, could you please email it to me at the address below in my signature? And what had you planned on doing in Antigua (if you had gotten there)? Just curious.

Thanks again for writing the review. It (and you) are deserving of all the praise!

the ban has been removed

Archived