Back from the Carnival Freedom--with 2 re-routes!

CeleBrat

I'm really enjoying reading your review. My son (age 12) and I will be following closely behind, 11 days until we're on the Freedom for 6 night Western Caribbean. :D I was amused to see that you're on the Wonder in November, we'll be right behind you again, sailing on 11/19! Thanks for warming up the ships for us. :p

Hmm, I wonder if even one person who found it necessary to complain to the pursers about the itinerary change ever went back and apologized or THANKED them once the itinerary was mostly returned to the original ports. Probably not. :rolleyes:

I see that your (adorable) kids are still in the regular Camp Carnival, but...by any chance did you notice what the Circle C (12-14 yrs)group was ever up to? I've read that they're putting in a dedicated Circle C area on the next drydock with all the video games and bells and whistles, but I'm hoping DS will still have fun without it.

Celebrat-My whole family is loving your review! Every family on CC should read ALL of your reviews!

You are so interesting and a great writer! Love, love, love that you are NOT biased towards one particular line!

You are the best!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:):):):D:D:D

Celebrat,

Thanks for the great coverage of Tortola!!!!! It looks easy to do it with Speedy's and like a lot of fun. I am now wishing we had more time in port as we are in at 7am and leaving at 3pm, so we will have to take the 9 am ferry over and the 12:45 ferry back. Do you think we will have "enough" time at the Baths? Or maybe we should not attempt to go all the way thru to Devil's Beach? Any tips appreciated...

Hey tao1--

Our original port time for Tortola was 7am-3pm, which meant that we were going to do the same thing you are planning (9am over, 12:45pm back).

After having been there, I can assure you that you will still have a fair amount of time for this.

The 9am ferry will arrive at Virgin Gorda at 9:30. Taxi will get you to Baths park by 9:45. Then, all you have to do is pay entrance fee and walk down path to BATHS.

You will need to meet the taxi to take you back to the ferry at 12:15. So, at best you will have about 2 1/2 hours to enjoy the BATHS.

Totally doable!

Since we had extra time, we opted to spend it there. But, I would totally do it again if we had less time.

Hope that helps!

CeleBrat

Thank you so much for your personal feedback and the great review and photos. My husband could really care less about the ports, but even he got excited when I showed him your great photos of the Baths. So, thanks again!:)

Archived