What do you find Overrated and Underrated?

BearClaw28

What are some of the things that you find to be overrated and underrated based on some of the opinions found here? Please be specific.

Overrated:

Chocolate Melting Cake - It was ok but very watery. It's basically chocolate soup with cake on top.

Bitter and Blanc - So incredibly dense. Tasted ok but really hard to get down because it was so heavy. Could only eat 2 bites.

Getting a deckchair close to the pool - Why anybody would want to sit that close with everybody walking around you, is beyond me. The chair hogs can have them. It's not very hard to find chairs a row or two back and away from the action.

The need for back of door shoe rack and general lack of space - I'm not sure what some people feel they need to bring but I had an OV room and never lacked for storage space. Plenty of space on the bathroom counter in addition to a medicine cabinet for toiletries, 2 big closets and lots of drawers for clothes and counter space in the room.

Underrated:

Dining Room Service - I thought it was better than even the good things that I heard about it. My headwaiter and his assistant were tremendous. Probably the best thing about my cruise. I regret not tipping even more.

Self debarkation - Quick and painless for the most part. Most annoying part was trying to get an elevator. After that it was just waiting on a couple of lines to get out and at customs.

Seared Supreme of Duck Breast - Best thing I ate on board. It was served on Elegant Night in both the dining room and the buffet so everybody could enjoy it.

Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream - I found it to be better than the regular ice cream served in dining room or the self serve, in taste and texture.

This was our first time cruising with Carnival:

Overrated:

--Rumor of it being a way too crazy ship. We found the cruisers as a whole were very nice.

Underrated:

--- The food. Celebrity always gets high reviews for its food. We sail Celebrity allot. We were VERY impressed with all the food. The sushi, very nice. We enjoyed the fish and ships, and the Mongolian BBQ as well as the deli. Really have never cared for buffets but we all thought that the food we tried was very good. We loved the dining room experience. All the steaks were cooked med-rare as requested. the pasta was al dente, The seafood was all cooked very well.

--dinning room service EXCELLENT !!

What are some of the things that you find to be overrated and underrated based on some of the opinions found here? Please be specific.

Overrated:

Chocolate Melting Cake - It was ok but very watery. It's basically chocolate soup with cake on top.

Bitter and Blanc - So incredibly dense. Tasted ok but really hard to get down because it was so heavy. Could only eat 2 bites.

Getting a deckchair close to the pool - Why anybody would want to sit that close with everybody walking around you, is beyond me. The chair hogs can have them. It's not very hard to find chairs a row or two back and away from the action.

The need for back of door shoe rack and general lack of space - I'm not sure what some people feel they need to bring but I had an OV room and never lacked for storage space. Plenty of space on the bathroom counter in addition to a medicine cabinet for toiletries, 2 big closets and lots of drawers for clothes and counter space in the room.

Underrated:

Dining Room Service - I thought it was better than even the good things that I heard about it. My headwaiter and his assistant were tremendous. Probably the best thing about my cruise. I regret not tipping even more.

Self debarkation - Quick and painless for the most part. Most annoying part was trying to get an elevator. After that it was just waiting on a couple of lines to get out and at customs.

Seared Supreme of Duck Breast - Best thing I ate on board. It was served on Elegant Night in both the dining room and the buffet so everybody could enjoy it.

Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream - I found it to be better than the regular ice cream served in dining room or the self serve, in taste and texture.

Yup, everybody is different. I loved both the desserts you mentioned but was afraid to eat more than a few bites once I tasted how heavy they are. I've got no use for deck chairs close to the pool. I'm looking for peace and quiet so I can read (and shade!). The shoe rack thing very much depends on how many people you've got in a cabin. We've found it invaluable when we were 4 to a cabin but totally unneccesary when we are only 2 to a cabin. I preferred the sugar free ice cream too and I will definitely try the duck next time. I'd read several comments before saying the duck was not good so I didn't order it on our last cruise. Have to say the self-debarkation is something I don't get. I want to stay onboard as long as possible! Everyone makes a big deal of getting onboard as soon as possible on embarkation day but then wants to rush off at the crack of dawn at debarkation??? I try to be considerate and stay out of the crew's way but I pretty much make them throw me off, lol.:D

Overrated:

Chocolate Melting Cake - It was ok but very watery. It's basically chocolate soup with cake on top.Agree with you totally on this one.... but food is very subjective and what some love, others will say it was OK or terrible.

Bitter and Blanc - So incredibly dense. Tasted ok but really hard to get down because it was so heavy. Could only eat 2 bites. Same as 1st response

Getting a deckchair close to the pool - Why anybody would want to sit that close with everybody walking around you, is beyond me. The chair hogs can have them. It's not very hard to find chairs a row or two back and away from the action. I am so with you on this one... there are plenty of chairs to find AWAY from the pool area which is an area I do all I can to steer clear of !

The need for back of door shoe rack and general lack of space - I'm not sure what some people feel they need to bring but I had an OV room and never lacked for storage space. Plenty of space on the bathroom counter in addition to a medicine cabinet for toiletries, 2 big closets and lots of drawers for clothes and counter space in the room. I agree that there is plenty of space to store toiletries and people that bring xtra hangars... WHY ??? You can get xtra hangars anytime by simply asking ! And those that bring a folding laundry basket... WHY ??? If you are taking all the clothes out of your luggage, why not repack after you are done with them and this will save time in your packing at the end of the cruise ! And why in the world would you want a dirty laundry basket taking up valuable space in your stateroom ? I just don' get it at all ! Thes poeple must take a laundry basket with them at hotels too ?

Underrated:

Dining Room Service - I thought it was better than even the good things that I heard about it. My headwaiter and his assistant were tremendous. Probably the best thing about my cruise. I regret not tipping even more. Well I cannot say I agree with ya on this one.... Lately I have noticed the service to have declined noticeably simply because too many tables are being handled than in the past.

Self debarkation - Quick and painless for the most part. Most annoying part was trying to get an elevator. After that it was just waiting on a couple of lines to get out and at customs.Again, I have found this is a nightmare and actually have gotten off just as quickly when waiting till our # or deck is called. Less crowds when getting off using the old method and getting thru customs/immigration so much faster has been our experience lately.

Seared Supreme of Duck Breast - Best thing I ate on board. It was served on Elegant Night in both the dining room and the buffet so everybody could enjoy it. Agin, food is subjective and I personally do not like Duck.

Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream - I found it to be better than the regular ice cream served in dining room or the self serve, in taste and texture

Overrated - 75% of the things that a lot of people think they need to bring on a cruise, the need for people to bake in the sun by the pool, the bacon on the buffet

Underrated - high tea, balconies, strolls on the deck at 2am when you can't sleep

Archived