Another Splendour Question?????

JHealy28S

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there are internet hook-ups in the rooms on this ship. Knowing that it is an older ship has me wondering. Thanks in advance for any info.

Here's what I found at RCCL's web site regarding statesrooms on the Splendour.

Also includes hair-dryer, TV, phone, computer jack, vanity table with an extendable working surface for laptop computers, and 110/220 electrical outlets.

Ginger

Tigger & JHealy:

Please note the terminology. "Extendable working surface for laptop computers" means only that...... It does not state there are internet hookups in the cabins..... Just a place to place your laptop......

Since the Splendour is one of the older ships, doubt very seriously if they are available in the cabin........

Happy cruising.....

Scout & Jeff:

All the cruise lines I have sailed on always gave priority tender service to those who have purchased the shipboard excursions, and rightly so. Was unsure about the suite pax. Not accustomed to the suite life, but RCI has some pretty good prices on this sailing and decided to live it up...icon10.gif

Thanks for the info.....

J DEE I see what you mean by the terminology about the extendable working surface but it also says computer jacks......that would lead me to believe its a yes but I also hear what you're saying about it being an older ship....I'm still not really sure.

J DEE I see what you mean by the terminology about the extendable working surface but it also says computer jacks......that would lead me to believe its a yes but I also hear what you're saying about it being an older ship....I'm still not really sure.
You aroused my curiosity & went to the RCI website, in their search site asked for "internet connections", and guess what?? There is a listing of many of the RCI ships that have internet availabilities, including the Splendour. However, they call it Internet Cafe of some ships, while on others specifies what deck it is on.

110/120 electrical outlets, yes, but didn't see the term "computer jacks" mentioned.

Recall reading on the HAL boards that on the newer Vista Class ships you could rent some kind of gizmo for you laptop to make an on-line connection from you cabin via the ship's system. One way or another, looks like the Splendour is able to provide internet connections someplace.....

Happy cruising.....

We had a D1 catagory cabin on the Splendour and it did not have computer jacks in our room. We went into friends cabins that were a lower class than ours and they did not have jacks. There might be jacks in the Suites but I doubt it. They do have an internet area that has several computers, but I wouldn't waste my money. If you have AOL forget it as you will have a very hard time getting to your mail box. One of the people in our Meet and Mingle was a computer wizard and he finally got out on the ship by creating hotmail accounts or something. He tried to explain it to me but it was over my head. I just used the internet services on land. They more resonable than the ship charges.

There also wasn't an extendable working area on the vanity either. I would suggest that you take a power strip with you as there aren't to many outlets in the room. She is a beautiful ship and the crew is awesome. We plan to try to sail her again in 2006.

I read a review on another board that said the Splendour adjusted the clocks for CST? Is this true? I've booked independent tours assuming the port times listed on the RCI website were all EST.

Thanks...

Tampa departure and arrival times are in local Tampa time, which now is EST When the time changes to Daylight, ship will still depart on the local time. If the island you will be visiting is on EST, no problem. Ship will be on EST.

If the island you are visiting will be on CST, only then will the ship change to CST. Too confusing for the island to be in one time zone and the ship's time in another. Many pax would surely miss sailing time....

Happy cruising....

Hi,

We are just off Slendor Jan.2 Used the "internet room " on Deck Eight to connect a few times. .50 cents per minute. They offered a "package in our pre-boarding book" ... but ?? no one was able to tell or direct us to what it was or what value was involved or where to get it??. the machines were in good shape and somewhat fast --Not like cable but worked for us .. to get limited market up-dates.

Hope this helps.

Great to get out and ...Seamo

Didn't want anyone to think I'm some weirdo so thought I would share where I found "computer jacks" in regard to the Splendour. At the RCCL site I clicked Find A Cruise. From there I went to Staterooms and then clicked on the different types of staterooms where i could then choose from the list of ships and if I'm not mistaken, computer jacks were listed for balcony, large oceanview, oceanview and inside staterooms. It's probably a web site error but just wanted to let everyone know where I got the info I posted.

Happy cruising,

Ginger

Ginger,

I think RCI has a generic room for each of the classes on their website. I know I read posts about how you could check your daily charges on the TV each day. You can not do that as well on the Splendour. If you want to check your charges you have to go to the Pursurs desk and get a print out. She maybe be a little older but heck so am I. She still is a great ship to sail on.

Thanks Driftwoodgal for the info. We're going on our first ever cruise on the Splendour and I'm still learning. I've decided to expect nothing so I'll be surprised by everything.LOL Heck, even sailing on an older ship has got to be better than not sailing at all. :)

Ginger

We just returned yesterday. We had a junior suite on deck 8. There were no internet hook ups in our cabin.

One other word. The ship did change to central time before arriving in Costa Maya, then changed back to Eastern after Cozumel. I think they were tired of people getting back late when the port is on central time and the ship is on eastern time.

Archived