Has your cabin smelled like smoke when boarding?

corky4man

You're allergic to smoke and you didn't check when you booked your cruise? Wow.

Have never cruised before, and had heard that they did not allow smoking in rooms due to fire hazard. We always check on hotels.

Plus booked with an agent not the cruise line...

I am an ex-smoker,,15 years removed,,so I try to be understanding so I get that people smoke, I get that they don't. Over the years though I have developed a headache that's really bad when I am around stale smoke. Around live smoking not at all, but stale smoke it's almost instant. Why is this, I don't know but it's true.

I haven't been on CCL yet (but I am sooo looking forward to getting back on the ocean) but on a HAL ship, yes I had a smoky cabin. It was the Zuiderdam. I thought I would be in trouble but I told the cabin steward and he said he would fix it. We went to lunch, then lifeboat drill. Went back to the cabin and the smell was 100% gone and never came back. Don't know what he did,,but it worked.

HAL does state in thier brochures there are no non-smoking cabins on their ships but it's never been a problem.

Don't book a balcony if you think you can go out there and get fresh air. We had one on Conquest recently and it was like a smoking lounge except on those rare occasions when someone wasn't out on their balcony upwind from us having a smoke.

The room smelled fine though!

On debarkation day we went and had breakfast and since we were in no hurry to debark, we left our carry ons in the room on the desk, I often do this after asking the steward so we don't have to carry stuff around, we tell him to go ahead and start cleaning if he needs to, we drop back by and pick up our stuff.

Well when we were going to get our stuff, we noticed rooms with signs on the door saying that there were ozone machines being used in the rooms, and you could smell them, this must be the magic that they use to de-smoke the rooms, because I have never smelled smoke in the rooms.

Archived