Soft Sided Cooler??

jdlowndes

Anyone have the style/name brand of a softsided cooler that DOES NOT leak??

Last cruise i brought one and kept it in the closet on the floor but by night fall the carpet was wet around the closet! I didn't want to cause any damage so i emptied it out and said "forget it"...

I can't help with brands, but the key is to look for one where the inside does not contain stitched seams. To get this requires that the material be folded (because you can't make a "topless cube-shape" out of a single flat piece). These kinds tend to be a little bulkier than the seamed ones. It is the seams that cause the leaking.

Found this pop-up at Walmart and worked fantastic on our Aug. cruise. It even collapses for easy carrying in your suitcase or carry on at only 11" in dia. Never leaked on us either. HTH

http://www.californiainnovations.com/products/ci/coolers/24-can-pop-up-party-cooler/

Thanks for the link! I like that one...

I am a little confused. Do you need the cooler bags for off ship excursions or just for your room. I understand that a lot of the newer ships have a fridge in the cabins, so why not use that.

I'll try that cooler bag at walmart see it is any better. Ours leaked all over the place even with a plastic bag around it. We gave up and put it in the shower. It acually was kinda nice in there because it got it out of our way (till we had to take a shower of course...but we just scooted it onto a towel by the toilet then chunked it back in when we were done).

The OTHER option was to have the steward open up the fridge. We put all the drinks in the nightstand and then put our stuff in the fridge. Unfortunately the fridge wasn't large enough for the wine bottles and even though we turned the temp down...it just didn't get our water as cold as the iced cooler. To me it seemed like the fridge ran a little hot being confined in that cabinet.

If you do used the fridge be sure to put all THEIR stuff back before you leave the room or else you'll get charged. There's no charge for using the fridge but the steward has to unlock it.

Found this pop-up at Walmart and worked fantastic on our Aug. cruise. It even collapses for easy carrying in your suitcase or carry on at only 11" in dia. Never leaked on us either. HTH

http://www.californiainnovations.com/products/ci/coolers/24-can-pop-up-party-cooler/

Looks pretty cool. Wal-mart doesn't have it on their website and I went to the California Innovations site and checked each of their suggested retailers, none seemed to have it. Any other ideas where I might be able to find it?

I just got this collapsable cooler from Thermos... http://shopthermos.com/detail/TMS+C28154006BL

It is a little bigger than I expected, but nothing outrageous. I don't know if it leaks yet, but it looks pretty promising. :cool: It should be pefect for our bottles of wine, a couple rum runners, some waters & soda.

Archived