Enough Chairs?

How does 2,700 chairs sound to you?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How does 2,700 chairs sound to you?

• That's plenty of chairs.
    • That's cutting it a bit close.
    • That's no where near enough.
    • Who even needs chairs?

The latest twitter update is about chairs:

Mon. Shiptoid: Oasis of the Seas will feature an estimated 2,700 lounge chairs along its pool deck.

That's 2,700 chairs for 5,400+ passengers. The pool deck term may be misleading though. We don't know for sure that this includes all top deck chairs.

The latest twitter update is about chairs:

That's 2,700 chairs for 5,400+ passengers. The pool deck term may be misleading though. We don't know for sure that this includes all top deck chairs.

Or that the Chair Hogs will have to get up even earlier, or maybe it is an extra way of making money. Chair Hogs can book a lounger only rather than a cabin, as they have to be up so early there will be no point going to bed.

I don't think that's enough at all considering Oasis will be having over 6,000 passengers. However, the AquaTheater holds 600 people and that is being used as a pool during the daytime. I suspect maybe 1000 passengers give or take will be doing something that's taking place inside the ship. Then others will be in the Solarium, Sports Deck, Top Deck, Boardwalk, and Central Park, so I guess that can be another 500-1000? So it may be enough chairs for the pool deck, but I guess its going to have to depend what else is taking place onboard the ship that day. Otherwise EVERYONE will want a lounge chair on the pool deck.

I'd like to know how many pool deck chairs are on the Voyager/Freedom class ships in order to make a more better determination...:cool:

In all honesty, with the Freedom class ships carrying a max of 4,300 pax I doubt if most of the passengers are all on the pool deck @ the same time...so I dont think all or most of the 5,400 passengers of the Oasis will be vying for chairs on the pool deck @ the same time...:)

I don't think that's enough at all considering Oasis will be having over 6,000 passengers. However, the AquaTheater holds 600 people and that is being used as a pool during the daytime. I suspect maybe 1000 passengers give or take will be doing something that's taking place inside the ship. Then others will be in the Solarium, Sports Deck, Top Deck, Boardwalk, and Central Park, so I guess that can be another 500-1000? So it may be enough chairs for the pool deck, but I guess its going to have to depend what else is taking place onboard the ship that day. Otherwise EVERYONE will want a lounge chair on the pool deck.

That's where the term pool deck seems confusing. It does not specify if that is just the physical deck with the pools or if that also includes the Solarium (no longer in the pool section but same deck) and the upper deck (used to be a jogging track but it is now just chairs so it may be considered part of the pool deck). I would assume that the Aquatheater is not in that number but for some reason I doubt we'd even see 200 people down there as it seems like it may get a lot of shade.

Speaking of chairs -----my DH and myself will be in a Central Park view balcony cabin on May 8th. Any info about chairs on those balconys or will it be standing room only ??? Inquiring minds want to know..... :)

Speaking of chairs -----my DH and myself will be in a Central Park view balcony cabin on May 8th. Any info about chairs on those balconys or will it be standing room only ??? Inquiring minds want to know..... :)

Unless RCCL directly answers I would not expect an answer until the sign over. Since they are taking time to install CP once in FL though It would not surprise me if they waited till they got here before placing all the deck/balcony furniture so that it doesn't move around during the transatlantic. So I'd say ask the Q at the Entertainment/Activity event coming up or get ready to wait because I don't see an answer coming any time soon.

Thought this would be a good thread to ask this question. On the last cruise we were on my DH and I went to the pool one morning AFTER we ate breakfast and AFTER we went back to our room to change. We walked out to the pool and there was not a chair to be found. My DH spotted a couple sitting in chairs (lounge chairs) and next to them were 5 more chairs..all with a single childrens book on them.My husband asked the couple about the chairs and they said they were holding them for family who were getting ready. We sat on the edge of the pool for about 20 minutes or so waiting to see if seats would open. Finally my DH had enough and took the books off of 2 seats and said to me "SIT" and we did. At that time the man started shouting at us saying the seats were for his family and that we were rude! My DH said that actually he was being rude and we had given his family more than enough time. The man continued to yell and curse at us. His family did come down about a half hour later. He continued to curse as did his elderly mother and father (in front of his children as well as every one else). They said we were RUDE AMERICANS! As soon as the first 2 chairs opened we did move . We were not trying to be rude just to sit down. And his family did take more than 40 minutes to join him. IS this normal? What should we have done? Are you aloud to reserve seats like that? Were we the rude ones?

Archived