Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

On Westerdam 12/13/09 sailing...have VF guarantee...got notice that e-docs ready to print...no cabin number yet. From all the early post-ers it isn't unusual for HAL.

I'll keep you posted...

j

I'm sailing Eurodam 11/14 and still no cabin assignment. I think it's going to be awhile for you. Happy Sailing!

What a great thread for learning about HAL's upgrade fairy.

We booked an SC gty because we didn't like the available SB cabins for the price and the SAs were too expensive. Is there any chance that the price will fall after final payment is due and if so, will we be able to upgrade from the gty to an SA for a fee? (We have always selected our cabins before, and are a little nervous about booking a guarantee.)

What a great thread for learning about HAL's upgrade fairy.

We booked an SC gty because we didn't like the available SB cabins for the price and the SAs were too expensive. Is there any chance that the price will fall after final payment is due and if so, will we be able to upgrade from the gty to an SA for a fee? (We have always selected our cabins before, and are a little nervous about booking a guarantee.)

Keep shecking prices. We also booked an SC guarantee but one day i noticed that SA was the same price. E-mailed our TA and he moved us up to an SA at no charge. This week the SA and SB suites are the same price. Go Figure.

Hello,

I have been lurking on this thread not sailing for awhile but I see the upgrade fairy has been good to a lot of you hoping she visits me as well, now I feel I will not be alone in my waiting process thanks for the company...and good luck to all.

ME.

Holacanada aboard the Westerdam in 31 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 52 seconds

PS: Actually a NN GUAR :(

Last cruises : NN (4th deck [inside]) / VH (8th deck [verandha balcony]) The wand of the fairy hit me / Ocean view Dolphin [4th]deck) The wand of the fairy hit me for a second time...

Hope the best for the next..!

This is nerve wracking! 30 days away and no assigned cabin. Hopefully this means I'll have a great upgrade! ;):D

70 days of the waiting game, hopefully we will have a nice surprise...

dobiemom-we can wait together, good luck........

The peak of the assignments curve seems to be at about 10 days out, and the "great" upgrades seem to come after that.

We have never gotten one (of our seven) assignments further than 18 days out.

I think you both have more waiting to do! :D

We're sailing on the Noordam 11/11. We booked a VH gty..and were assigned a VA Navigation deck. We are delighted ! Hope everyone who is waiting is generously visited by the "upgrade fairy". Happy Sailing.

Sailing on the 11/11 Noordam. Booked a VH guar originally. Price dropped, TA got me a VF guar as a result. Got a VA upgrade but was offered a SY cabin on Upper Veranda for 150pp took it as it is our 40th Wedding Anniv. cruise. Can't wait!!!

Noordam 11/11. We booked a VH gty..and were assigned a VA Navigation deck. We are delighted ! Hope everyone who is waiting is generously visited by the "upgrade fairy". Happy Sailing.

Congratulations on your upgrade - Have a Great Trip!

We are also on the 11/11 Noordam sailing. Never sailed HAL before. Booked our first gty room - VH since the price at the time was unbelievable and we knew we would at least have a balcony. Checked early this afternoon and nothing. Checked 2 hours later & we have a VB on deck 6!!! (Jumping up and down and running in circles) This may be the start of a new trend for us! Can't wait to get on board and sample the ambiance of HAL! YAY!

Barb

We were also a VH guarantee and ended up with VB. I noticed on the deck plan that our room only has a shower and I am wondering why some rooms have no tub. This is our first Holland America and we are looking forward to the cruise.

We were also a VH guarantee and ended up with VB. I noticed on the deck plan that our room only has a shower and I am wondering why some rooms have no tub. This is our first Holland America and we are looking forward to the cruise.

Is it a handicapped room? Those only have showers-easier for a wheelchair person-and if they are not sold for those who need them-they will be assigned to others who do the guarantee.

Well, my cruise is 2 months from Monday, so I guess I have at least 5 or 6 weeks before my cabin is assigned.

... our room only has a shower and I am wondering why some rooms have no tub.
Is it a handicapped room? Those only have showers-easier for a wheelchair person-and if they are not sold for those who need them-they will be assigned to others who do the guarantee.
There are 24 VB, VC, and VD cabins at the far aft end that do not have tubs and are not HC cabins. They are there for booking by people who have difficulty stepping over a tub wall, and are assigned to guarantees if nobody books them.

Sailing on the 11/11 Noordam. Booked a VH guar originally. Price dropped, TA got me a VF guar as a result. Got a VA upgrade but was offered a SY cabin on Upper Veranda for 150pp took it as it is our 40th Wedding Anniv. cruise. Can't wait!!!

Wonderful upsell! You'll be so comfortable in the SY!

There are 24 VB, VC, and VD cabins at the far aft end that do not have tubs and are not HC cabins. They are there for booking by people who have difficulty stepping over a tub wall, and are assigned to guarantees if nobody books them.

Thank you for the information. I did notice that there were quite a few of these rooms with just a shower at the aft end of the Upper Verandah deck.

Forgive me is this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. My Aunt is patiently waiting for her gty to come up on our Dec 20 cruise. I went and printed my edocs today (booked a specific cabin) but hers still show up as pending. Are you not able to print those until you are assigned a cabin number? I know you can print the luggage tags whenever and just write it in.

Archived