Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldflr viewpost.gif

Anybody else been upgraded lately or are the ships sailing near full?

The ships are sailing near full, but getting an upgrade really has little to do with that - just how many unbooked cabins there are above you.

Just because a ship has reached its maximum capacity does not mean that every category is full. Lower steps in each major class (inside, outside, verandah, suite) are always over-sold with guarantees, and top steps are always under-sold. Then beginning about 3 weeks before sailing, the shuffle of upgrades and assignments begin, to disperse the bookings into available spaces.

Yep Jtl513. I noticed yesterday that our December trip has increased by approximately $700. I also checked our 2010 trip and the price has, at least for now, decreased by $600. So our TA will be getting a call on Monday to contact Hal.

Congrat's on the upgrades and have a fun cruise.

After final payment My January 2nd cruise went up almost $600, then a couple of weeks later, it dropped to $400 more than we paid. Then 4 weeks after final payment, the balconies (VF's) we sold out. Now, the insides are the price we paid, the oceanviews are more, and only those and a few suites are left.

We sail on Nov. 27 (next week) with a DD (partial view) guarantee. So far we have been assigned three different cabins - all DD. We keep being moved towards mid ship - but any of them would be all right. An unobstructed view cabin would be an even nicer surprise.

This much shuffling must be unusual, and I think the cruise is sold out .

I am sailing on the Statendam too on 11/27/09 and I still don't have a room. I agree that the ship is full and don't understand HAL's reasoning for not assigning rooms at this late date.

Ok - I did a little more thinking and I did the math and the price is not that ridiculous. We got had got a really good price on the SC guarantee when we bought it. This upsell puts the overall price at what we would have paid for an SC during the more popular times. I can't pass this up. I took the upsell to the Penthouse.

You won't regret it! We are in it on Westerdam right now... it's just FABULOUS. I'll post some pics when we get home...

Any cabin is better than two weeks at home with a snow shovel.

(We might not get much snow, but our roses froze before Halloween)

I read that the HAL board is undergoing maintenance today, so I can't look at my online check in before tonight.

Any cabin is better than two weeks at home with a snow shovel.

(We might not get much snow, but our roses froze before Halloween)

I read that the HAL board is undergoing maintenance today, so I can't look at my online check in before tonight.

I agree-even if we have a VF and are not upgraded, I won't care.

We sail on the Westerdam December 6, 2009. Got our cabin assigned last night. We had a SZ GTY and got a SS. The SS cabins tend to be less desirable since they are right under the Lido and the noise from above can be considerable from what I have read on Cruise Critic. Maybe the next time we will be more lucky with a SZ or SY assigned cabin. Oh well, we will be able to tolerate the SS. A member of our party is still waiting on his cabin assignment. This has been a fun thread to follow. Thanks to all who have posted. Pierce

Cabins assignments came in for us 10 days out from departure (showed up on a Sunday late afternoon!), also for most others on our roll call. Can't speak for the others but we had no upgrade this time (didn't see anybody on the roll call claiming upgrades either).

Booked a Cat C Ocean View and got that, but it looks like a decent location, not under the galley at least and not a partial view. It'll be our first time on the Lower Promonade deck so that will be different. It was a good deal though and counting the days:)

I booked a "HH" guarantee and got a free upgrade up to a "VB" balcony. This is on the Noordam sailing December 1. I got the upgrade last Friday.

WhooHoooo!!! - Have a Great Trip - Love the Upgrade fairy!

It seems worth the wait!

We're on Eurodam, and sailing Dec 5--still no assignment. I check the 'On Line Check-In section, and still see GUAR instead of a cabin number--is there someplace else I should be looking? Thanks.

Check your luggage tags. I noticed our cabin assignment ther a day or two before it appeared on the reservation info screen.

We sailed on the Eurodam 11.14.09 and didn't get our cabin assignment until 5 days before sailing. We got quite a nice upgrade, well worth the wait. Happy Sailing!

Congratulations on the upgrade - sometimes its worth the wait till the last minute - good to know for all those so close to leaving with out a cabin assignment yet!

How do you check your luggage tags?

Log into the Holland America site and go to "My Account." Go into "My Reservations" and select "Check-in Online" for the reservation you want to check. Enter your booking number and the last name of the passenger in which you are interested and hit "Proceed."

At the bottom of the page, select the passenger you want to check in the drop-down box and select "Print Luggage Tags." You will get a PDF of your luggage tags and your stateroom may be listed sideways above "Stateroom'"

14 days to go and I am still patiently waiting for my VH guarantee on the Zuiderdam. Patiently I tell you!! :D

- Ike

Log into the Holland America site and go to "My Account." Go into "My Reservations" and select "Check-in Online" for the reservation you want to check. Enter your booking number and the last name of the passenger in which you are interested and hit "Proceed."

At the bottom of the page, select the passenger you want to check in the drop-down box and select "Print Luggage Tags." You will get a PDF of your luggage tags and your stateroom may be listed sideways above "Stateroom'"

14 days to go and I am still patiently waiting for my VH guarantee on the Zuiderdam. Patiently I tell you!! :D

- Ike

We have already checked in. How do I see it without checking in? I don't want to mess things up by checking in again.

Archived