Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

This is for waiting2retire. We are on the February 3 sailing of the Noordam. Also had a VD guarantee. Our cabin assignment came last week. From VD Guarantee to VA 8106. We are happy. Good luck. Enjoy your cruise. Also keep checking your hotel. Ours dropped by $17.00.

So we booke the cruise frrom a on-line TA. Where do I go to find our room assignment? Do I do to our doc's to see if the cabin number is there?

Go to the HAL website on-line check-in page. When your cabin is assigned, the number will show up there.

Thanks 3 Fan :) I love the location of your cabin... right by the elevator and just below the aft pool, which is where I spend most of my time on a Caribbean cruise !

I booked my hotel on Priceline, so no wiggle room there, but I'm happy with the price -- $90 for the Renaissance right across from the port.

Have a wonderful cruise !!

Bonnie

Thanks 3 Fan :) I love the location of your cabin... right by the elevator and just below the aft pool, which is where I spend most of my time on a Caribbean cruise !

I booked my hotel on Priceline, so no wiggle room there, but I'm happy with the price -- $90 for the Renaissance right across from the port.

Have a wonderful cruise !!

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie - Do you mind my asking what type of criteria you used to get the Renaissance on Priceline? Haven't used PL in quite a while. We stayed at the Renaissance many years ago at that same price, so I am surprised you got it for so little. :)

When I called to book a retreat cabana on the Eurodam (3-27), I was told that lately the assignments have usually been coming within 7 days of sail.

I made a pact with myself to not check every day until I was 14 days out.

I have subsequently managed to break that pact 10 times in the last 5 days! :D

We had the Red cabana (next to last one) on Half Moon Cay this was the best day of our trip, you will love, love , love this, it was an amazing way to spend the day you get fresh fruit and veggies, water, soda...white linen and we were away from the masses of people.......enjoy your time there...

Hi CruisinManiac,

I bid on a 4* hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Downtown. I did this back in October, so not sure whether it's still available. I notice a couple of recent bids on 4* hotel in Ft. Lauderdale getting the Hilton Marina, which looks nice as well, and I would be just as happy with.

Good luck :)

I'm six months away from my cruise, and I am having a ball following along with your GUAR and assignments. It's making me so excited! I can't wait until I can play along.

We've booked GUAR before on other lines, and always gotten the absolute worst cabin possible, so I know what I am in for. This time we booked a GG GUAR and are going to be thrilled with wherever on the ship we wind up. Specifically, the PH, of course.

Hi CruisinManiac,

I bid on a 4* hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Downtown. I did this back in October, so not sure whether it's still available. I notice a couple of recent bids on 4* hotel in Ft. Lauderdale getting the Hilton Marina, which looks nice as well, and I would be just as happy with.

Good luck :)

WOW! Didn't know you could get a Priceline hotel that far out. Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone ever booked a VH guarantee and ended up with a VT (has a French verandah - with no room for chairs!)? That's what my TA is warning us against.:( We don't want to pay another $200pp to book a dedicated verandah, but I think these VT's are ridiculous in that they are a higher category than the other V's with verandahs.

Yes! Our cabin assignment (and two category upgrade) came today - about 16 days out from departure.

Do you mind sharing from what category? We are holding a VE guarantee on Ms Oosterdam on March 20, so have a while until we hear...

PS - Congrats on the upgrade!

I booked a VF guar in Sept 2009 for 2/21 Zuiderdam. On HALs website, it's not showing under my reservations, but I did the print luggage tag trick as I've been doing every day and now it's showing a room #. It's a steel-sided VF veranda on deck 4. Took my chances and got what I paid for. I'm thrilled to be going on this trip.:D

I booked a VF guar in Sept 2009 for 2/21 Zuiderdam. On HALs website, it's not showing under my reservations, but I did the print luggage tag trick as I've been doing every day and now it's showing a room #. It's a steel-sided VF veranda on deck 4. Took my chances and got what I paid for. I'm thrilled to be going on this trip.:D

Have a wonderful Trip! - The Luggage Tag Trick works again!

I loved my VF steel sided verandah on the Noordam. If you haven't seen one, I have photos that I'd be glad to email you. :)We were in 4022. Do you also have a connecting cabin?

Curious, what is this Luggage tag trick? I am in the middle of filling out my online docs now. ;)

I loved my VF steel sided verandah on the Noordam. If you haven't seen one, I have photos that I'd be glad to email you. :)We were in 4022. Do you also have a connecting cabin?

Curious, what is this Luggage tag trick? I am in the middle of filling out my online docs now. ;)

This will be my first HAL cruise, so don't know if I'm really assigned to this cabin or maybe just assigned temporarily. In one sense, I am surprised booking 5 months out that I'd be given VF4005 (which to me is the absolute lowest VF you can go), but it was a chance I took and am ok with it. It doesn't look like a connecting cabin but is a shower only room (I'm ok with that too).

I read somewhere here on the boards several months back about the luggage tag trick to determine stateroom #. Anyway, here's my story: When I log into HAL & go to my reservations, the stateroom # is blank. Then I click on check-in online. From there I go to Print Luggage Tags and a stateroom number shows up. I've been doing this every day for about a month now. Today something finally showed up.

The upsell fairy came on January 20 and the same offer again on January 22. Could have gotten a SS/SY/SZ for $149 pp. I feel stupid now I guess, but I was waiting to see what they assigned me first. I've been on two other cruises--Princess & Celebrity, booked guaranteed verandahs, and both of them have given me an upgrade. Was on Celebrity Solstice, booked a couple of months out & she was new at the time! I could call HAL to see if those superior verandahs are still available but I'm a risk taker. I also read on these boards that possibly another upsell would come 10 days out. If one doesn't, I'm fine with my room. I could use $298 for a good time onboard.

I've had two HAL cruises and never been called by the Upgrade Fairy, but if they called me and offered the SS for $149 pp, I'd jump on it! Too bad you didn't, but as you said, you booked what you were comfortable with, and we have done the same. When they call, what does the caller ID say? :D Did you book through HAL, or a TA?

I'll have to try that luggage tag trick. ;)

I booked direct with HAL and both upsell offers came via email. I might just call them. Can't tonight as the email they sent said call M-F 8 to 5 Pacific Time. Will give an update if I do or will give an update if my stateroom changes before departure.

I guess there is an advantage to booking direct. We always book with a TA and I am glad because I don't like to handle the booking details myself. I don't really know why, because I do all the other planning, but I just feel more comfortable having my TA take care of the cruise part. She did get my parents a wonderful upgrade a couple of years ago! They were so happy. :) Sadly, my parents can no longer cruise with us. :(

Did you check to see what it would cost to upgrade from the VF to another category for your sailing? Might be good to check that out and also see what cabins are available. Good luck!

Do you mind sharing from what category? We are holding a VE guarantee on Ms Oosterdam on March 20, so have a while until we hear...

PS - Congrats on the upgrade!

We were upgraded from a BC to a B - not a ton of difference except in position.

I'm still hoping for a reasonable upsell offer since this is a cruise that is commemorating several special occasions.

Here's a follow up. My stateroom today showed up on HALs reservation page. I called them this am & I'm stuck with my VF steel sided verandah on Zuidy as everything else (except inside) is sold out. I was told that I can check at the pier for an upgrade, but actually I'm content to stay put. As I mentioned before, I am ok (actually excited) with just being on the ship. My VF didn't cost me much more than an oceanview at the time of booking. Plus, being on deck 4 will put me much closer to the Panama Rolls when they open the doors to the bow up on canal day. :D

We are sailing on the Eurodam on 2/20/10 and we also have the VH guarantee. We don't have a room assignment yet and when I called last week - they said no news is good news and we might not even have one before we sail. They said we might get it at checkin. We are also hoping for any upgrade!!!!! This is our first trip with HAL and I'm not sure how you even check to see if you have a room assigned. I have already printed out the e-documents - do you run again or how can you check?

Waiting to get out of the MN winter.... Bill & Colleen

We have sailed 2x on Celebrity

Archived