Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

jt58203 - I am sure you will enjoy your cabin and cruise. ;) My photos have been posted on Joanie's website under the Noordam.

HR Queen - Just sign back in like you are going to fill in your online docs. At the top of the page, you should see your name, ship, sailing date and a space that will wither have a cabin number, or it will say GUAR. Some say you can go to the section to print your luggage tags and if you have been assigned a cabin, the number will show up there. I have a feeling that this shows up a day before the cabin number actually shows up under your name, like in jt58203's did.

Good luck, you are sailing the week before us. :)

We are sailing on the Eurodam on 2/20/10 and we also have the VH guarantee. We don't have a room assignment yet and when I called last week - they said no news is good news and we might not even have one before we sail. They said we might get it at checkin. We are also hoping for any upgrade!!!!! This is our first trip with HAL and I'm not sure how you even check to see if you have a room assigned. I have already printed out the e-documents - do you run again or how can you check?

Waiting to get out of the MN winter.... Bill & Colleen

We have sailed 2x on Celebrity

Hi Bill and Collen,

Great to hear your sailing with us. We are in the same boat as you waiting for our assignment. I actually check every day in the on-line registration area and also in the luggage tag window. Like you nothing yet.

Why don't you stop by our Roll Call and say hello to the folks sailing with us that week on the Eurodam.

Dan

jt58203 - I am sure you will enjoy your cabin and cruise. ;) My photos have been posted on Joanie's website under the Noordam.

HR Queen - Just sign back in like you are going to fill in your online docs. At the top of the page, you should see your name, ship, sailing date and a space that will wither have a cabin number, or it will say GUAR. Some say you can go to the section to print your luggage tags and if you have been assigned a cabin, the number will show up there. I have a feeling that this shows up a day before the cabin number actually shows up under your name, like in jt58203's did.

Good luck, you are sailing the week before us. :)

Thank you so much for directing me to those photos. Doesn't look bad at all--actually looking forward to it!

Thank you so much for directing me to those photos. Doesn't look bad at all--actually looking forward to it!

Your welcome! :) I sent a photo of the outside of the ship and our verandah to Joanie today. I know she is busy packing for her cruise, so I don't know when she will get it posted. This photo gives you a good idea of how high/low the railings are because it shows passengers standing on them.

Guarantee is same cost but gives HAL the option to stick you in an empty cabin in the same or higher category. If you do a guarantee look very very carefully at the deck plans for your ship. Be absolutely certain that you will be happy with any cabin in the category and with any cabin in the category above. If you want midship, or not near kitchens, or not under pools, or not above engine rooms, or not near disco or theater, then select a cabin. If you don't mind noise or movement then a guarantee may be fine.

I cruise in May and reserved a particular room on the ship and paid the price. Is going "guarantee" cheaper or just a better way to hope for a free upgrade?

Unlike what gregdude mentioned, the guarantee category we choose only has cabins that are guarantee's. There is not an option to choose the stateroom, and therefore the price is cheaper and why we pick that category. Of course, an upgrade would be nice and welcoming, but we book the category simply for a savings and are usually fine with what we receive.

Example: We booked a Verandah guarantee for $736.00. The next category of Verandah's was going to cost $916.00. So we saved $180 pp by taking a chance on what we receive for a cabin.

I guess there is an advantage to booking direct. We always book with a TA and I am glad because I don't like to handle the booking details myself. I don't really know why, because I do all the other planning, but I just feel more comfortable having my TA take care of the cruise part. She did get my parents a wonderful upgrade a couple of years ago! They were so happy. :) Sadly, my parents can no longer cruise with us. :(

Did you check to see what it would cost to upgrade from the VF to another category for your sailing? Might be good to check that out and also see what cabins are available. Good luck!

When I called HAL yesterday, they said the ship was sold out of every category except inside. She asked me, "You wouldn't happen to want to move to an inside now..." LOL.

Well, don't beat yourself up now. Go and have a good time, I know you will! :)

BTW - I got a second email today telling me that my online documents were ready to be filled out and printed . Thing is, I already did all that. I wonder if that means I have been assigned. I am afraid to look. :D

BTW - I got a second email today telling me that my online documents were ready to be filled out and printed . Thing is, I already did all that. I wonder if that means I have been assigned. I am afraid to look.

They're unrelated.
No assignment as of yet. We're leaving on the Eurodam a week Saturday!!!!!
I predict you'll see it posted tomorrow ... between 4:00p and 5:00p PST. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinManiac

BTW - I got a second email today telling me that my online documents were ready to be filled out and printed . Thing is, I already did all that. I wonder if that means I have been assigned. I am afraid to look.

They're unrelated.

Yeah, no news yet. ;)

I don't know about HAL, but I suppose it could happen.;) I know it has happened on RCCL.

One unique thing that RCCL does if you are not happy with the given assignment, is to allow you to throw your stateroom assignment back into the pot. However, you could still end up back in that same assignment.

Sometimes, if you are happy with the category assignment, but not happy with the location or a possible connecting stateroom, you can ask to be assigned another available stateroom in that category.:)

They're unrelated.

I predict you'll see it posted tomorrow ... between 4:00p and 5:00p PST. ;)

Do you work for HAL? You were right on in terms of the day but a little off on the time.

I went from a guarantee VF to a VB on the Verandah deck. :D

Do you work for HAL? You were right on in terms of the day but a little off on the time.

I went from a guarantee VF to a VB on the Verandah deck. :D

That is weird with that prediction. :D

Rusty - great upgrade! You probably know this, but I wanted to point out that the VB's are on the UPPER Verandah deck. ;) Do you have a shower or tub/shower combo...Forward or Aft?

That is weird with that prediction. :D

Rusty - great upgrade! You probably know this, but I wanted to point out that the VB's are on the UPPER Verandah deck. ;) Do you have a shower or tub/shower combo...Forward or Aft?

Sorry I did know it was on the upper Verandah deck. We're in the aft but I don't know if I have a shower/tub or just a plain old shower. we're in cabin 6145 how do I find that out? Is this a good ugrade?

Thanks,

Euro-Dan

Finally today when I checked we have a room assignment. We had a VH guarantee - steel wall balcony. We are assigned V8098 - navigation deck so I think that means we now have a veranda room with a plexi glass railing! We are leaving a week from Saturday. I hope this is a good room?

Finally today when I checked we have a room assignment. We had a VH guarantee - steel wall balcony. We are assigned V8098 - navigation deck so I think that means we now have a veranda room with a plexi glass railing! We are leaving a week from Saturday. I hope this is a good room?

Wow...I think you did better then I. Good for you we're going to have a great cruise.

Dan

Sorry I did know it was on the upper Verandah deck. We're in the aft but I don't know if I have a shower/tub or just a plain old shower. we're in cabin 6145 how do I find that out? Is this a good ugrade?

Thanks,

Euro-Dan

Looked at the deckplan, and there are no notations for that cabin designating tub only or shower only or connecting ... so you have a fully-equipped stateroom. The second cabin aft of yours starts a series of shower only cabins, so you lucked out.

Looked at the deckplan, and there are no notations for that cabin designating tub only or shower only or connecting ... so you have a fully-equipped stateroom. The second cabin aft of yours starts a series of shower only cabins, so you lucked out.

Awesome - thanks for lookiing that up for me.

Dan

Archived