Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

I wish that was true for me. I received my cabin 2 days before sailing. While the category was higher, the room was smaller and there was only a shower.

I still had a great time and it did not affect our cruise at all. I would have been happy with anything as long as I was on a cruise.

Just an FYI. Some people on other ships seemed to get much better cabins - from a balcony to a suite. Maybe someday it will happen to me too.

I just got my cabin assignment yesterday. It was a guaranteed picture window (Category FF). Guess what I ended up with? Yep that's right, category FF. No upgrade fairy for me. And not only that, I would say it is is the WORST FF room possible. Room 848 on the Ryndam, so the very last room on the port side next to the crew rigging room. I am in for a bunch of loud noises each and every morning we dock. GREEAAAT...

What sucks is because of my special circumstance, I was not allowed to book anything higher than an FF, unless it was a Verandah. I could not ask for a guarantee category F or higher because I had a cruise fare voucher. Totally stupid IMO. I am CERTAINLY willing to pay the extra to an F and they said no.

We got out assignment. Our VF guarantee turned into a VA! the cruise before us leaves today. Ours starts January 2!

Congratulations! You lucky dog! I leave on January 3rd. Maybe we'll get some strange upgrade at the port?

Is that possible? To get your room assignment from a Guarantee then later at the pier get an upgraded room assignment?

We sail on the Oosterdam January 9th and recieved our cabin number. Upgraded from a SC gaur. to a SA. We were looking forward to trying the big balcony. Oh well!!

Now instead of checking 10 times a day I have printed the deck plan and keep pulling it out and staring at our cabin. Can't wait!!!

We are on the Eurodam 1/2/10, booked a VD guarantee, received VA, aft cabin. This is our 1st veranda, I was hoping for an aft cabin. Can't wait to get out of the cold!

Nice upgrade... if your cabin is on the wake, you'll have fantastic views!

HappyNewYear.gif

Hello Guys,

Well my sail date is here I'll let you all know how my aft cabin was, I think this is a great thread for people waiting for cabins....helps somewhat with the wait knowing other people are in the same boat (no pun intended)......good lkuck to all who are still praying to the upgrade fairy.....

We got out assignment. Our VF guarantee turned into a VA! the cruise before us leaves today. Ours starts January 2!

We booked a guaranteed VF for our Feb 20th cruise on the Eurodam. Could you please tell me the difference between a VF and a VA?

thanks,

Euro-Dan

We're waiting to learn our cabin assignment. We sail on Jan 20, and have booked a Cat C guarantee on the Volendam.

We fly down to Sydney on the 12th, so we may not know our cabin until we check-in at the pier. I expect that we will be assigned a Cat C given that the ship appears to be sold out, but you never know what might happen. ;)

Hi--looks like we have a meet and greet--check back on the rollcall.

I wonder where we'll end up--we booked pretty late so I don't expect a huge upgrade--and on a small ship there don't seem to be any bad cabins, although there are two with only a shower and I would prefer a tub. At the time we booked we had to take a gar cabin.

We booked VD guarantee and were upgraded to VA. Has anyone stayed in Zuiderdam VA6162? We're 1st time cruisers and can someone clarify if this is an AFT cabin or Stern. No really sure which is which. Think this is good cabin though.

According to the deck plan you're in one of 2 center aft cabins - lookin' right out over the wake. Aft and stern are actually the same thing - the back of the ship. You can find the deck plans of all the ships on the HAL website - in PDF format if you want to download and print them.

... can someone clarify if this is an AFT cabin or Stern.
According to the deck plan you're in one of 2 center aft cabins - lookin' right out over the wake. Aft and stern are actually the same thing - the back of the ship.
No, they're not. Aft is a direction, and stern is a place ... as far aft as you can go on a ship. On this board, stern cabins are often incorrectly called aft cabins.

No, they're not. Aft is a direction, and stern is a place ... as far aft as you can go on a ship. On this board, stern cabins are often incorrectly called aft cabins.

Right you are! The same sort of distinction applies to fore (direction) and bow (place - as far forward as you can go).

Careful, John. Someone will accuse you of being a member of the "Word Police". :rolleyes:

Careful, John. Someone will accuse you of being a member of the "Word Police". :rolleyes:
Oh, I've been called a lot worse! :D Another thing that irks me is when some people say Holland is the "same thing" as The Netherlands. Holland is not a country ... at least not for about the last 4 centuries. We had an argument on our last cruise when the Trivia moderator accepted Holland as the "same thing" as The Netherlands. :mad:

We had an argument on our last cruise when the Trivia moderator accepted Holland as the "same thing" as The Netherlands. :mad:

And on a Dutch ship, to boot! :eek:

It's the "dumbing down" of society at work.

Archived