Just back from Triumph 8/20-8/24, 09 Review

bklynangel

Not too bad, the Capt. avoided the hurricane as best as he could. We had one bad night. I don't ever get seasick, but for an hour or two i felt alittle sick, but i was ok and continued with what i was doing. This was the first time i felt like this. I always sail in August, and ive been in alot of rough water. I hung my head over my balcony to see how bad the waves were, the Capt said they were 20 feet high, but it felt worse to me and it looked worse to me..... I was on deck 7 and could feel a tiny splash of water hit my face from that floor on my balcony I heard people say that when the Capt. turned the ship around, they felt it alot. Some said there luggage moved in the cabin. I took this cruise to avoid the caribbean, so i would miss hurricanes, but they always seem to follow me. We almost made it to St. John and after that...most of us didnt know where we were anymore. I thought i was in the caribbean because we had some beautiful sunsets and it was so hot! It was alot colder off the coast of Maine....i think thats as far as we went.

Just curious....did they give onboard credits or anything for the missed port day? I know it had to do with weather. Just wondering......

THanks....

I was also on this cruise and had a wonderful time despite missing our port. They gave us each $20 back and in addition we were offered 20% off a future 4-5 day cruise that has to be used within two years.

Just curious....did they give onboard credits or anything for the missed port day? I know it had to do with weather. Just wondering......

THanks....

We got 20.00 a person and 20 percent off another 3-5 day cruise...i wanted to use it for a 7 day cruise, but they said NO. :(

I have been on 7 cruises and i had the best time on this one. I loved everything about it. It's a nice looking clean ship, The cabin stewarts are quick and friendly and i find that all the workers were there just to please us. Best line i have ever been on. Food was delicious. You will have a great time. I'll try to write a review soon. I need a few days to do it because its going to be long and detailed.

Sorry to hear your cruise turned into the "cruise to nowhere".

Thanks for answering our questions. Are the hottubs open? Many recent reviews indicated that the hottubs were closed for repairs, have the repairs been completed.

Thanks again.

I was on this cruise, too, and the hot tubs were closed the entire cruise. It was even in the first Capers. The only consolation is that it was so hot I wouldn't have used them anyway.

bklynangel, sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi. I was right down the hall from you in the aft wrap, 7422. After we got on the ship I couldn't remember which cabin you said was yours on the roll call.

Tim

I was on this cruise, too, and the hot tubs were closed the entire cruise. It was even in the first Capers. The only consolation is that it was so hot I wouldn't have used them anyway.

bklynangel, sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi. I was right down the hall from you in the aft wrap, 7422. After we got on the ship I couldn't remember which cabin you said was yours on the roll call.

Tim

awww, sorry we didnt get to meet ...me and my husband got on the video the photo dept took. Someone was taking a photo of us...i had a white dress on. I marked down everyones cabin number from here ,but no one was ever near the cabin, so i missed meeting everyone. I met friends on this trip....loved the assigned dining.

Let me ask you? Are you going to use the credit we all got? I looked up a few cruises and the only one we can take is the one to Canada again....I'm not sure if im going to use it...i have to think about it. I wanted to do a 7 day cruise, but they said we can't.

To answer the other question about the hot tubs being closed...i really am not sure if they are closed for repair because from what i was reading on here...they have been closed for a while. At least one of the pools was heated...i enjoyed that!

Ok here it goes...some of my review:

Took the train from Hamilton, NJ to penn station. I planned on reaching th cruise terminal at 12:30. It was not crowded at all. I gave my luggage to one of the guys there and went upstairs to sign in. There was no line where i was standing. I had to wait a few mins while others were going past me. I don't enjoy this part of getting on the ship. Check in took about 15 mins and then i was off....onto the ship.I did make it onto the ship by exactly 12:30.

When i got onto the ship, no one gave me directions and the people standing there had no smiles...at first i thought this was going to be a disaster.

Went up to the buffet, not much food was in the buffet so we just grabbed alittle something and then went up to the top of the ship to explore and find our way around.

I was so excited about being on the ship , that at this point..i dont remember what we did next. I think by this time...our luggage was in the room , so we unpacked our stuff.

At about 5:30 pm our ship started sailing. We all received a notice in our room about the approaching weather conditions. The capt told us he was going to proceed to the St. John port at this time.

My husband and i watched from the top of the ship as we sailed away from NYC. We noticed that Carnival Miracle was still docked but soon after us...they started sailing.

As we walked around the ship...we noticed that the ship was very clean....we had 6 pm early dining and were to sit in the London dining room.....table 231 for 4.

It landed up that we didnt have any one at our table for that night....not sure why but i was ok with it.

We did sit with others at lunch and loved it that way. We have never did assigned dining and we loved meeting people at lunch and breakfast.

That day i went into the pools and tried all three of them out. I didnt like the one in the front of the ship...it has some rust , but i did like the pool near the tv screen. The first day it was cold, but the next few days they heated it.

The food was great...i can't say there was anything that i ate that i didnt like. I had chicken one night, prime rib 2 nights, and alot of other good food. There is a pizza place on the back of the ship and the pizza was pretty good there. They also have hamburgers and fries on the back of the ship and soft serve icecream and yogurt. Of course i tried everything.

In the mornings i went to dance classes and one day of towel folding classes. Went to some trivia games and then went to sit out in the sunshine and went swimming. We also went to an afternoon tea and met alot of nice people there.

I had a very nice balcony room on deck 7...one thing...my room was so cold and i couldn't find the thermostate so i slept with two comforters on me.

one morning i got up at 5 am because i was so hungry and went searching for food and had a problem finding some breakfast. They said the bufett wasn' open till 6 , but if i wanted pizza...that was open..but thats not what i wanted.

A few great things about this ship are that its very clean, food is great, service is great and it was the best cruise i have been on.

I was disappointed we missed the port, picture people, and service desk are the week points of this shp.....everything else was excellent. The waiters are all friendly and nice and give you great service. The room stewarts are clean and fast....you never have to wait for them to clean your room.

We also took a tour of the galley....thats a very nice tour on the ship. We took alot of pictures.

I would highly reccomend this trip and ship to anyone and will probably land up doing it again...but this time, hopefully we will make it to the port.

There is not much more to write since we didnt make it to the port. After a while, we all didnt care anymore...it felt like we were in the caribbean because it was such nice weather.

We had alot of fun on this cruise and hope i get to do another one in the near future.

We loved the Triumph as well. No complaints at all other then the cruise being to short. We had balcony cabin 9262. The bacon police were fun to. Looking foward to the miracle next.

Oh, the A/C thingie is that round thing on the ceiling, you just turn it to adjust it.

We loved the Triumph as well. No complaints at all other then the cruise being to short. We had balcony cabin 9262. The bacon police were fun to. Looking foward to the miracle next.

Oh, the A/C thingie is that round thing on the ceiling, you just turn it to adjust it.

You crack me up about the bacon police lol.....have you considered being hired on by Carnival and working as a bacon policeman?! :D

You crack me up about the bacon police lol.....have you considered being hired on by Carnival and working as a bacon policeman?! :D

Haha..They are to funny. If I were a bacon policeman, I would want to guard the canadian bacon to. :p

Ok here it goes...some of my review:

Took the train from Hamilton, NJ to penn station. I planned on reaching th cruise terminal at 12:30. It was not crowded at all. I gave my luggage to one of the guys there and went upstairs to sign in. There was no line where i was standing. I had to wait a few mins while others were going past me. I don't enjoy this part of getting on the ship. Check in took about 15 mins and then i was off....onto the ship.I did make it onto the ship by exactly 12:30.

When i got onto the ship, no one gave me directions and the people standing there had no smiles...at first i thought this was going to be a disaster.

Went up to the buffet, not much food was in the buffet so we just grabbed alittle something and then went up to the top of the ship to explore and find our way around.

I was so excited about being on the ship , that at this point..i dont remember what we did next. I think by this time...our luggage was in the room , so we unpacked our stuff.

At about 5:30 pm our ship started sailing. We all received a notice in our room about the approaching weather conditions. The capt told us he was going to proceed to the St. John port at this time.

My husband and i watched from the top of the ship as we sailed away from NYC. We noticed that Carnival Miracle was still docked but soon after us...they started sailing.

As we walked around the ship...we noticed that the ship was very clean....we had 6 pm early dining and were to sit in the London dining room.....table 231 for 4.

It landed up that we didnt have any one at our table for that night....not sure why but i was ok with it.

We did sit with others at lunch and loved it that way. We have never did assigned dining and we loved meeting people at lunch and breakfast.

That day i went into the pools and tried all three of them out. I didnt like the one in the front of the ship...it has some rust , but i did like the pool near the tv screen. The first day it was cold, but the next few days they heated it.

The food was great...i can't say there was anything that i ate that i didnt like. I had chicken one night, prime rib 2 nights, and alot of other good food. There is a pizza place on the back of the ship and the pizza was pretty good there. They also have hamburgers and fries on the back of the ship and soft serve icecream and yogurt. Of course i tried everything.

In the mornings i went to dance classes and one day of towel folding classes. Went to some trivia games and then went to sit out in the sunshine and went swimming. We also went to an afternoon tea and met alot of nice people there.

I had a very nice balcony room on deck 7...one thing...my room was so cold and i couldn't find the thermostate so i slept with two comforters on me.

one morning i got up at 5 am because i was so hungry and went searching for food and had a problem finding some breakfast. They said the bufett wasn' open till 6 , but if i wanted pizza...that was open..but thats not what i wanted.

A few great things about this ship are that its very clean, food is great, service is great and it was the best cruise i have been on.

I was disappointed we missed the port, picture people, and service desk are the week points of this shp.....everything else was excellent. The waiters are all friendly and nice and give you great service. The room stewarts are clean and fast....you never have to wait for them to clean your room.

We also took a tour of the galley....thats a very nice tour on the ship. We took alot of pictures.

I would highly reccomend this trip and ship to anyone and will probably land up doing it again...but this time, hopefully we will make it to the port.

There is not much more to write since we didnt make it to the port. After a while, we all didnt care anymore...it felt like we were in the caribbean because it was such nice weather.

We had alot of fun on this cruise and hope i get to do another one in the near future.

Thanks for the review-very helpful!:)

Glad you all had a good time on your cruise! TFlo -- you said you were in 7422. 7416 is right next to it - did you notice if that particular balcony was actually larger than the rest? (besides yours, of course!)

kbmocruiser, my in-laws actually stayed in 7416. Yes, the balcony is double the size of a regular balcony. My sister-in-law and her husband were in 7392 down the hall and had a regular balcony.

We had the steward open up the partition between 7422 and 7416 and we had one huge balcony. It was really nice.

I would definitely stay in 7416 for that price.

Tim

Heard that the ship just keep circling off of Long Island (actually saw it on a maritime map). Do you think you really went as far as Maine?

DPurcell58, according to the global positioning channel in the cabin, it showed we only made it as north as Boston when they made the announcement that we were turning around. I had been looking at it periodically throughout the day, so I'm sure it was accurate. I think the reason folks were thinking we got further north is the temperature dropped that evening that we turned around and it got quite cool. I would have guessed we were further north, too, but no.

Tim

I went on the Triumph to Saint John in early July. About the thermostat,it is on the round vent on the ceilling. It has a tiny little lever and it is almost impossible to find unless you stand on top of the chair. I'm sorry that you had to sleep in the cold, ( I would have been very unhappy) you could have asked your room steward to adjust the temp for you.

Heard that the ship just keep circling off of Long Island (actually saw it on a maritime map). Do you think you really went as far as Maine?

Yes, my dad was tracking the ship....we were only about 80 miles away.

Archived