packing the suitcases the night before debarkation?

NWgal65

I forget...what is the expectation when it comes to putting our suitcases out in the hallway the night before debarkation? Do they take them at night? If so, what do we do with our jammies and toiletries...just carry them out in a carry-on and then re-pack a few things after we are off the ship?

Thanks in advance!!

You can do self disembark..which means you carry your luggage with out, instead of leaving it out the night before.

I would think, you could self disembark one bag to repack your night clothes and toiletries (which might not pass TSA limits)..and keep that in the room and carry it off..and pick up your main bags at the port before customs.

We were told to not put the bags out before 8pm. We (and by we, I mean my wife LOL) packed most of our stuff earlier in the day. Then after dinner, we changed into our clothes that we planned to wear the next day, finished packing and put he luggage out. We kept out our small bag that we put our bathroom stuff and used undies in that we carried off.

Thanks everyone. This jogged my memory. I must have self-disembarked as I remember pulling my suitcase along through the whole ship and off of it. I was travelling alone and it was no big deal, but I do remember a lot of people lugging their stuff off. I think I was worried abut leaving my luggage in the hall at night (theft??) and also didn't need any assistance with mine.

Thanks for the replies! Taking my teen daughters on their first cruise! So excited!

Archived