Barcelona Hotels - Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya

PIH

Will be in Barcelona the end of Sept. Has anyone stayed at the Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya or the Eurostar Grand Marina? If so, would you recommend?

Any other hotels?

Thank you!

i stayed in the torre catalunye hotel in 2005 and it was absolutely beautiful. Right near the train station and the hoho bus. There is also a grocery store adjacent to the hotel. The only negative i would say is that it is kind out of out of the way. The next time im in barcelona, i will either stay closer to the port or closer to the action. Honestly, if you stayed at this hotel, you would not be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend Hotel Fira Palace. I think they are having a room special right now that includes the breakfast buffet. It is within a 4-5 min walk of the fountains. For comparative value - we paid 98 EU with no breakfast.

The hotel is VERY nice and upscale but best of all the rooms are H U G E - something you rarely get in Europe. Our room was bigger than an average US Hotel room. We had a king bed with lots of room to walk around it, then a couch and coffee table area, then closer to the window a desk and chair - simply huge! And it was clean and very nicely furnished. Warning: the bed was hard, but I hear that is to be expected everywhere.

The breakfast was to die for! Everything we had was fantastic and they will cook an omlett upon request. We paid 17 EU per person for the breakfast and that seemed high, but since there really is no where around quick to eat breakfast we felt it was a fair price - especially since the food was SO good.

I would highly recommend

Hotel Fira Palace Barcelona

Av. Rius i Taulet, 1-3 08004 Barcelona (España)

Tel. +34 934 262 223

We stayed at the Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya in 2007 while the repairs to the train station were going on. The hotel itself was also undergoing some renovations. Regardless, our stay there after the cruise was wonderful and we would not hesitate to book there again.

We had an executive room on the top floor with wonderful views of the city.

P1010519.jpg.534f6047b051015dd3e76de42f85a436.jpg

P1010521.jpg.f22387b1f1edde6ee1775a0e34c79ccf.jpg

Archived