Crown Princess or Liberty of Seas?

ryansmama

I need some input/help to help me decide which cruise is the best choice for us. They are both western itineraries and the same price for a balcony.

We are travelling with our 3 yr old and my husband's mother.

We want a ship where there is lots to do and with an excellent kids program....but we want to have very good food and service for the adults.

Opinions? We've only ever cruised on Carnival before.

Try Princess if you can get the same cruise for the same price. We have been on 4 Princess cruises and have never been disappointed in the service or the food. They have a good childrens program and lots to do on the ship.

We are great believers in trying different cruise lines. We stayed with our first cruise line for a number of cruises and then began trying other cruise lines and found things we like with almost all of them.

Have a great next cruise.

This is an entirely subjective question. You will get a variety of answers. I will tell you that DH and I enjoyed both (Liberty of the Seas, and Emerald Princess - sister to Crown), but overall we preferred RCI. We enjoyed the food and the Movies Under the Stars on Emerald, but we found there was something "missing". What was missing for us on Emerald Princess was the "WOW!" factor. There is nothing like standing at the bottom of the Royal Promenade (which is fabulous in itself!) and looking straight up to see the splendor of the decor and architecture on Liberty. She is absolutely magnificent. Liberty also offers a great kids' water area called H2O Zone, plus you will all enjoy the Ice Skating show and perhaps you and DH might climb the rock wall? :D

Centrum:2352796430090485240CdOjmk_th.jpg

Royal Promenade:2593066750090485240GapFbi_th.jpg

I need some input/help to help me decide which cruise is the best choice for us. They are both western itineraries and the same price for a balcony.

We are travelling with our 3 yr old and my husband's mother.

We want a ship where there is lots to do and with an excellent kids program....but we want to have very good food and service for the adults.

Opinions? We've only ever cruised on Carnival before.

No contest - Liberty of the Seas

Royal Caribbean's Voyager and Freedom class ships have everything on them you could possibly want for people of all ages. They have the most activities, and they have the best kids program/facilities of any ships. You won't be disappointed and won't ever go on Carnival again! ;)

This is an entirely subjective question. You will get a variety of answers. I will tell you that DH and I enjoyed both (Liberty of the Seas, and Emerald Princess - sister to Crown), but overall we preferred RCI. We enjoyed the food and the Movies Under the Stars on Emerald, but we found there was something "missing". What was missing for us on Emerald Princess was the "WOW!" factor. There is nothing like standing at the bottom of the Royal Promenade (which is fabulous in itself!) and looking straight up to see the splendor of the decor and architecture on Liberty. She is absolutely magnificent. Liberty also offers a great kids' water area called H2O Zone, plus you will all enjoy the Ice Skating show and perhaps you and DH might climb the rock wall? :D

Centrum:2352796430090485240CdOjmk_th.jpg

Royal Promenade:2593066750090485240GapFbi_th.jpg

I always understood when a ship is open for numerous decks that is called an atrium. A centrum is what the Princess grand class has-open for 3 decks.

Now me, my fear of heights- keeps me from enjoying the "magnificent architecture," I literally get dizzy. (vertigo) I am not interested in the RCI voyager class or larger, the Carnival ships-just because of that. I just did not enjoy the atrium areas on Mariner of the Seas, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Fascination, and carnival Inspiration. Carnvial Miracle especially gave me the "heebie -geebies" with that see through staircase. I could not look up.

After looking at Langleycruisers photos (thanks for the link!).......Liberty of the Seas is the winner!! What an amazing ship....I think the H20 zone will be a hit with our 3 yr old and DH and I are just really wanting that WOW factor when we see the ship (which we definitely didn't get on the Glory)

I always understood when a ship is open for numerous decks that is called an atrium. A centrum is what the Princess grand class has-open for 3 decks.

Royal Caribbean calls their "atrium" a Centrum as well. Centrum is Latin for center, many lines have adopted that word for their ships atriums.

After looking at Langleycruisers photos (thanks for the link!).......Liberty of the Seas is the winner!! What an amazing ship....I think the H20 zone will be a hit with our 3 yr old and DH and I are just really wanting that WOW factor when we see the ship (which we definitely didn't get on the Glory)

There aren't any other ships afloat that have the WOW factor like the Voyager and Freedom class ships, they're AMAZING... Do a search on YouTube for "Liberty of the Seas", there are some ship tour videos people have made and uploaded if you want to see more.

The only ones that should top them will be the upcoming Oasis class ships, those look like they're going to be unreal - I guess we'll see in December ;)

There aren't any other ships afloat that have the WOW factor like the Voyager and Freedom class ships, they're AMAZING...

I so totally agree with you! Like I said, we did enjoy Emerald Princess, but for the WOW factor, and especially if they're the same price, I know OP will love LOS!

Royal Caribbean calls their "atrium" a Centrum as well. Centrum is Latin for center, many lines have adopted that word for their ships atriums.

I was just repeating what a ship's officer told me. He corrected for calling it a centrum. He said centrum would better describe a ship open for only 3 decks-not a magnificent opening of 9 or more decks.

Archived