drug store in st. maarten/st. martin

llmoyer123

The Pharmacist (Dick Luttekes) who owns the Philipsburg Pharmacy also owns a pharmacy on the French side. He should know the status of Metabolife with ephedrine on the French side. Matter of fact, if it's available on the French side, his pharmacy on the Dutch side should have it too.

You don't get much of a break for goods manufactured in the US; however, most of the prescription drugs sold in St. Maarten come from Holland, France and India. The price is about 25% of what you would pay in the US.

All you need is a prescription. You could also bring in a container with the prescription info on the outside, but that is less favorable than the prescription document itself. They will provide a 90-day supply.

I'm not sure about prescriptive narcotics.

They have all the other normal over the counter medications. Interestingly, the patch for motion sickness is readily available and not a presciption drug like in the US.

Does anyone know what sort of medications are available without a prescription? I would be curious to see who much pain meds for my migraines cost down there.

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Agree with kal, but you could easily contact them by e-mail or phone (as I posted above) with specific questions.

Archived