Tips

Katie Cruiser

What niggles is this:

According to Flattop, NCL says that the breakdown of the $12/day will be already in his stateroom, and if it isn't all he has to do is ask for it.

This suggests that they did not understand his question, because I've never seen that breakdown on any of the ships I've sailed.

all I ever said was that based on the breakdown I might want to move it to another area... I don't see how having the exact amount just distributed differently would be cheap.

Tell that to the people whose share you just reduced! :(

And since you mentioned this earlier...if you think the amount you're reducing isn't enough to affect these people....then why not just leave it alone???????

hey Wink thanks for the info, if the break down you give is accurate then I would not want to chenge anything... also if you search all my posts you won't/shouldn't find a single one that I say I want to reduce the total for the DST. all I ever said was that based on the breakdown I might want to move it to another area... I don't see how having the exact amount just distributed differently would be cheap.

However you don't seem to understand with the automatic surcharge you don't have that choice. And if you decide to remove any part of the daily surcharge to as you say allot more to others, whatever you give in cash to others will be thrown back into the tip pool.

You either pay the full surcharge for everyone's share, or don't. Yes, the dishwasher you never see is entitled to his/her share of the tip pool.... Period....

Geez, Wink...I'll bet after this he'll think YOUR opinion isn't worth considering, either. ;)

It's funny how people come here, express their opinion...state that they're entitled to their opinion...and then freak out totally when someone expresses a conflicting 'opinion'. :rolleyes:

It really makes you wonder.

I was just going to ignor you but I don't see how I " then freak out totally when someone expresses a conflicting 'opinion'.:rolleyes:" especially when you have stated that

"I haven't given you an opinion yet...but I'm getting close to doing so!"

so who is freaking out?:cool:

Well I think this thread should end. Everyone has their own opinion. We can all agree to disagree. :cool:

ok done, was already in the posting screen when you were typing this, otherwise I would have just left it, I will not be checking this thread any longer

did you even read my posts or just the twisting of what I said?

I never said that I wanted to lower my DST or that it was not a fair amount just that I would like to see a break down so that I can move portions based on what I have done.

It is not whining nore is it being cheap, if there was an item that said $.25 a day for Bowling alley staff and I did not use the bowling alley I think I should be able to say move that $.25 to the room steward that did a great job for me.

and to those that said "well you don't get to see a breakdown" and "what you want is impossable" it may or it may not be.

I placed a call to NCL to ask and was told yes it is possable and they would e-mail me the breakdown although they did not think I would want to make any changes after getting the breakdown.

accessdesk@ncl.com got back to me and said that the breakdown is not the same on all ships/sailing but onboard it will be in the state room and if it is not you need only ask and they will be happy to provide it.

I haven't noticed it from you theshireshihtzu but there are some people here that the moment that you state that you don't love everything about the NCL DST they decide to flame or twist what you have said and flame that

There are posters around intent on flaming you, and anyone else, who has a view different from theirs!! Do you not recognise their superiority, and acede to their every word?? You can easily identify them, and my advice would be do not give them the satisfaction of jumping onto their soapboxes. Also, the tone they use, at times, is extremely patronising....better to ignore them IMHO!!

One of those posters is on our next cruise, and organising the meet & greet....guess where I will not be going on that first day at sea??!!

8. Before someone decides to question the behavior of a foreigner in the USA, perhaps we should all open our eyes to the behavior that some Americans have, when visiting another country. If we desire respect, then it must be given as well.

Dennis

Please allow me to dare express an opinion regarding the highlighted post from Dennis:

This is the most sensible paragraph I have ever read on Cruisecritic!!

There are posters around intent on flaming you, and anyone else, who has a view different from theirs!! Do you not recognise their superiority, and acede to their every word?? You can easily identify them, and my advice would be do not give them the satisfaction of jumping onto their soapboxes. Also, the tone they use, at times, is extremely patronising....better to ignore them IMHO!!

One of those posters is on our next cruise, and organising the meet & greet....guess where I will not be going on that first day at sea??!!

Wow, you truly are a piece of work, Hamrag. You realize you have just done, what you accuse me of doing? You flamed me for expressing an opinion which doesn't concur with yours. I'm JUST as entitled to disagree with OP, as you are to agree with them.

As for the Meet & Greet.... don't worry. You won't be missed. You will however miss an opportunity to meet everyone on the roll call, the officers, and to get your cabin on the list which the ship collects (I've already completed my portion of the M & G).

That you would forego these things just to avoid seeing someone whose opinion differs from yours, is astounding. Truly & utterly astounding.

Wow, you truly are a piece of work, Hamrag. You realize you have just done, what you accuse me of doing? You flamed me for expressing an opinion which doesn't concur with yours. I'm JUST as entitled to disagree with OP, as you are to agree with them.

As for the Meet & Greet.... don't worry. You won't be missed. You will however miss an opportunity to meet everyone on the roll call, the officers, and to get your cabin on the list which the ship collects (I've already completed my portion of the M & G).

That you would forego these things just to avoid seeing someone whose opinion differs from yours, is astounding. Truly & utterly astounding.

Thanks for identifying yourself so clearly!

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to others what my opinion is, certainly I have not expressed any opinion.

Yes, along with another 2000+ passengers, we will not be attending the M&G and will actually not be foregoing anything to do so. Most of the officers we already know, from our previous Jade cruise. As for not "getting my cabin on the list which the ship collects".....what can I say!

Archived