Victory Ports-Best Snorkling? St. Thomas,Dominica,Barbados,St.Lucia,Antigua, St Kitts

CarnivalGirl3

I've been reading for a few days. I've been through the victory thread and the poc threads. There are two of us, i'm an ok swimmer, i couldn't save anyone but I keep up and not drown.

BUT I haven't figured out which ports are best.

there are 6. :faint:

which are the MUST do's? which ones can we walk/drive to a beach and snorkel off the beach?

any have not so good snorkeling?

which one should we book an excursions for?

so far I have:

Champagne Reef in Dominica

swimming with Sea Turtles in Barbados

Nothing is planned yet, i'm attempting to set up a budget so I can figure how how much I'll need work to pay for all of this.

We've done grand cayman, st. thomas, nassau, coszmel before. I want lots of fish and life. I'd prefer a guide who knew which fish for which, but I can always look it up if I don't know it.

any help would be great!

I'd love to see an answer to this too, as I'm going on Victory THIS sunday(8/30) and haven't picked which island to do snorkeling at. Planning the train ride at St Kitts but haven't booked any other excursions yet(getting married this saturday and have been spending so much time on that, haven't looked much at the cruise)

Can you tell me what post you found? Link please?

• 2 weeks later...

I did these southern islands in Apr09. The absolute best thing to do in Dominica is the river tubing -- it is an awesome time. For snorkelling with turtles in Barbados do not go with a tour -- grab a cab first thing in the morning and go to Payne's Bay - you will be swimming with turtles here and if you go around 9am you will beat about 30 boats going there. You can swim right off the beach and see the turtles -- I got some unbelievable pictures before 100+ other people were in the water. In St. Kitts I went to Cockleshell beach -- very remote, however the water was nice and I did get a couple of great pictures of an octopus - not a lot of fish there though. I would go back and do these islands again any time.

The only island we haven't snorkeled or been diving at is Dominca and we've heard very good things about it, so maybe sometime soon it will be on an itinerary for us.

We have been to Anse Chastenat on St. Lucia many times where we have been snorkeling and diving. It's a beautiful area with black sand beach and you can snorkel from the beach. It's a bit far from the docking, but it can be reached by boat or by taking a taxi to see more on the island. If you take a taxi, just know that they are winding mountain roads in case you have problems with motion sickness.

IMHO St. Kitts isn't worth snorkeling, but if you are spending the day at the beach you may see something interesting in the water.

We always do our own excursions independent from the ship as it's cheaper and a lot less crowded!

Archived