Thomson Destiny 3rd Sept

Hi Guys

Traveling on the Destiny next week and have a few questions I hope can be answered

1) Do I need a suit for gala dinner or can I get away with shirt & tie at least or even a sports/cord jacket at worst

2) Its not really like Butlins is it

3) Forums say dont book excursions on board what do you think, the three we want comes to £300 felt this wasnt to bad as no hastle etc wife feels safer

4) Were on deck three outside cabin what like

Cheers Alan :confused:

Hi there, just come back from Destiny cruise. Most people dress up on Gala evenings and look dapper! So go on, tux or suit. Cabins are very small on Destiny- we had outside on deck 6 and was very, very small so be prepared. My experience on Destiny over the 2 weeks in August was unfortunately a bit like Butlins at sea but that has never been my experience on any of the other Thomson ships so it might have been a one off- I hope

Thanks Sobral

Do hope its not like Butlins

But anyway we are really looking forward to it as its our first time cruising

Regarding dressing up thats not the problem its getting it all in case a suit means other shoes etc how do you manage we have a week in Palma Nova on return so need extra clothes etc for that, can you hire a suit on board?

As i said we cant wait and are really looking forwards to a day in Rome

Cheers Alan

There is no facility to hire a tux on board but we always manage to pack everything(including 'glad rags') for a 2 week cruise. We put our shoes in hand luggage since they dont usually weigh that so you will have 23kg each in cases generally. Enjoy your cruise

Ooops! Forgot to say...Rome is always amazing. We always do the Rome on your own tour which drops you off in St Peters and picks you up from there. That leaves you a good few hours to explore on your own and you can be assured that even given any delays, the ship wont leave without you if you are late since it has to wait for the excursion coach to return- but you have to be at the meeting point promptly! Enjoy the eternal city!

Archived