LGA to Marriott Brooklyn Bridge

lkmamom

I am hoping someone can help me here. I know so many that live in the New York area and those that travel frequently to New York are a huge help.

I need to arrange for transportation from LGA to the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. We are staying at this hotel before our cruise. Is there a particular car service that some of you prefer that would do this, I thought I read somewhere that some do not like going to Brooklyn.Thanks for your help:)

Linda

I am hoping someone can help me here. I know so many that live in the New York area and those that travel frequently to New York are a huge help.

I need to arrange for transportation from LGA to the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. We are staying at this hotel before our cruise. Is there a particular car service that some of you prefer that would do this, I thought I read somewhere that some do not like going to Brooklyn.Thanks for your help:)

Linda

a cab will take you mostly without a problem. They come to the marriott all the time. Its an easy ride and its a short trip back over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan...its about a $30-35 cab ride, as long as the traffic is normal...the directions are the BQE to the Manhattan Bridge/ tillary street exit. go straight ahead 6 lights on tillary and make the left at brooklyn bridge Blvd-Adams street(it has two names). stay in left lane and make the left at the turning light right into the Marriott. Its about 10 miles.

Linda

Car services generally are not required to take you anywhere. On the other hand, yellow taxis must accept a fare from LGA to Brooklyn. If you can't get a willing car service company at a reasonable fare you be left stranded at the curb for you certainly will get a yellow taxi. That said, I think there are enough car services out there who would welcome your business, some of which have already been noted here.

Car services generally are not required to take you anywhere. On the other hand, yellow taxis must accept a fare from LGA to Brooklyn. If you can't get a willing car service company at a reasonable fare you be left stranded at the curb for you certainly will get a yellow taxi. That said, I think there are enough car services out there who would welcome your business, some of which have already been noted here.

? you call a car service, tell them where you are going and they will send a car. Sometimes they are busy and you may have to wait but when you prearrange a car at the airport I have never been stranded. I have never had a car service refuse to take me any where in New York City. I think you mean you won't be stranded there. Especially at LGA where there is a City dispatcher I have never seen a yellow cab refuse someone within NYC. The only issue with a yellow cab is they may not know how to get there(really).

? you call a car service, tell them where you are going and they will send a car. Sometimes they are busy and you may have to wait but when you prearrange a car at the airport I have never been stranded. I have never had a car service refuse to take me any where in New York City. I think you mean you won't be stranded there. Especially at LGA where there is a City dispatcher I have never seen a yellow cab refuse someone within NYC. The only issue with a yellow cab is they may not know how to get there(really).

I've had a car service not show up, or not show up timely. Typically, I will use a car service only if I can not be assured that a yellow taxi will be available, such as in front of my apartment building. But as for travel from a transportation terminal (e.g., an airport, a railroad station) to a point within New York City, if I don't use public transportation I use a yellow taxi since I know I have a right to be taken to any point within the City and I know that the fare will be fair. In addition, the yellow taxis--along with public transportation--are typically right outside the transportation terminal, but car services sometimes have to park further away (but on the other hand, a car driver may meet a passenger inside the transportation terminal, and guide them to the car, while yellow taxi passengers are on their own to make their way to the dispatcher's stand).

We always use Black Car. They are always on time and very courteous.

http://blackexecutivecars.com

It should be about $85.00 for a town car.

We would not use anyone else while in NY/NJ. We are in Seattle, WA and would not rely on any one else.

We already have our reservation from EWR to Marriott Marquis Times Square- and and Marriott to Bayonne.

Sam

Archived