NCL port in Barcelona to airport - travel time

kwcrnp

We are planning a cruise fro Barcelona next summer on the Jade. Can anyone tell me a realistic travel time from the port to the airport? I'm watching airfares and many flights leave at 10-11a and I'm just not sure we can make that.

Thanks in advance:)

We are planning a cruise fro Barcelona next summer on the Jade. Can anyone tell me a realistic travel time from the port to the airport? I'm watching airfares and many flights leave at 10-11a and I'm just not sure we can make that.

Thanks in advance:)

Why not spend a night or two in Barcelona? It is a GREAT city!

If your luggage is over 50 lbs, you are in trouble, the lines at the airport are long. Be sure and have your printed boarding pass. Otherwise forget it. Stay the night. Very nice hotel Renissance near the airport. Free shuttle to the airport.:)

We arrived at 8AM and had no problems with cabs - 30 minute ride during weekday rush hour. However, we chose to come a few days ahead and there were no ships in the harbor. Personally, I would not chance arriving the same day as the sailing, because with al of the flight delays, you do not want to miss the sailing!!! Barcelona has a lot to offer. Book a hotel and at least spend one night. It is well worth it, especially for the peace of mind.

You will not have a problem making a flight at 10 AM.

We arrived in Barcelona on the Gem in July; if you take your own luggage off, you can get off the ship very early, by 6 AM if you want.

If you wait for NCL to handle your luggage, I think the earliest departures were at 7, but I'm not positive about that. I do know that the folks leaving earliest had no problem getting cabs (we were watching from our balcony all morning), while those of us who waited until later (9:30 AM disembark) waiting an hour for a cab.

It should take just about a half hour to get to the airport from the pier, so you'd have no problem at all getting to the airport two or more hours before your flight.

We made the 10:00 departure with no problem. We did get off the ship before anyone else because we were on the NCL shuttle to the airport. They never even announced that the shuttles were leaving. They just left us info in our room. We did not have a printed boarding pass. We tried to get one the day before, but since we were going International, one had to check in in person. I do agree that Barcelona is a wonderful city to explore. We want to go back when we can.

Nancy

Thanks for the info everyone.

We are coming in early to Paris for 2 days, taking the night train to Barcelona and staying a night in Barcelona - all pre-cruise. But DH has limited time off so we need to fly home the day of disembarkation. We'll just plan to get off early with our own luggage.

I just wasn't sure of the actual drive time, cab availability and airport waits. Thanks again. :)

Archived