National Geographic Endeavor-Galapagos

dustythreads

Greetings,

I am so happy to report that I booked my honeymoon aboard the National Geographic Endeavor. I understand that this is not a traditional cruise and I am ready for adventure. However, I was curious about what passengers wore to dinner. I know that I am leaving my formal wear at home, but usually wear dresses and heels when dining out at home. Will we look out of place if I am in a dress and heels at dinner and my future husband (yay!) is wearing slacks and a button down shirt?

Also, what is the approximate age of our fellow passengers? Not that it matters if we are the only people in their 20's, but I am just curious.

Any reviews, thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Kate

You are in for the biggest treat of your life. Dinner was smart casual. Long pants or skirt and nice top. I did not notice anyone in heels. I wore dressy sandals to dinner. Watch the luggage weight limits for luggage on some flights.

Most passengers were 40 to 60 but there were definitely some younger couples. We met some wonderful people on the cruise.

Thanks Jean,

I am so excited for this trip. I am glad the attire is smart casual. It will balance out the daytime activities nicely. I have been on many cruises before and have come to enjoy long dinners. Are the dinners multi-course or quick meals. I heard the both breakfast and lunch are buffet, so a long dinner would be great.

Also, is there anyway to purchase gifts to be sent to the room, like on a more traditional cruise?

I cannot wait for this adventure!

-Kate

The dinners start with cocktails in the lounge with appetizers served. Following some details regarding the next day, the restaurant is open. The meals include several courses. The meals were good, but not superior. There is the option to sit alone or join others. It is managed easily.

I don't know about the gifts.

Archived