Cruising Fascination 03/07/05, Flight questions, Advice needed

LastofSeptember

We're cruising Carnival's Fascination 03/07/05, my husband, mom & dad, sister & her boyfriend are the lucky cruisers, anyways, my dilemma is as follows: I'm cheap. Therefore, I didn't book air with the cruise (husband and I have cruised once before, therefore I am an expert apparently) So, our flights keep getting jacked around, and keep putting us arriving later and later in Miami. Well it's starting to stress me out, right now they have us getting to Miami at like 1:30pm, I just feel like that's too close for comfort, also who knows what will happen between now and then it may even get pushed back further. Am I right to be concerned? I am thinking we should try to get our flights changed and arrive the day before. Anybody have any input? I get really anxious about this sort of thing and I think I'd just feel better if we got there with more time to spare, but am I being silly? Humor me w/ your advice please! Thanks :)

If I were you, I would arrive the day before if at all possible.

And yes: 1:30 arrival is too close for comfort. 1:30 could turn into 2:15, and then the least little bit of a traffic jam and you're done...boarding cloes at 3 PM. Especially if you book air on your own and not through the cruise line, they will NOT wait on you.

If the change fees/airfare aren't to high I would go the day before. You would need to figure the addtional hotel costs when considering the fees. If the fees are too high contact the airline and let them know you are going on a cruise. See if they can put you on an earlier flight.

My wife and I always fly down the day before. That way, if our luggage gets lost, at least we have some time to work it out with the airlines. Also, it gives you time to relax before heading to the ship. Waiting in line to board the ship can be quite hectic at times and having to go through this immediatley after a long flight can be stressful, to say the least.

So try to go down the day before and have a great cruise!

Bill

I couldn't handle the stress of arriving the day of our cruise. Two years ago we had snow in JULY!!!!! I would definitely try and change the flights to the day before. The change fee has got to be worth your peace of mind!!

We went on the Fascination on 3/3/03 and had a great time. Enjoy your cruise!!

Karen

Archived