Thompson Celebration

I am thinking of booking the red magic cruise in november, can any one tell me what the celebration is like and can you do the rips on your own in Jordan i assume it is better to do the ships tour for cairo any idea how much they cost,

we are two women travelling together and like the sound of this cruise for some sun in november.

any tips on this cruise and ship would be most helpful thank you.

The Celebration is a nice ship and staff and service are excellent, usually gets excellent reviews on the 'other site' and a friend of mine just returned from cruise on Celebration and she said it was wonderful. There is a variety of things to do on ship depending on your tastes but there is generally always something for everyone entertainment wise on the evenings. Cabins are a fair size and of course kept immaculately clean by cabin stewards. Waiting staff are always a pleasure, especially in the Meridian- the waiter service restaurant. The Lido restaurant which is the buffet restaurant is also very good and food everywhere has always been good in my experience. The Promenade deck is generally the quiet area and usually has shade to escape the heat! I dont know what else you want to know about the ship- if you have any specific questions, just ask, there are lots of people on here with a wealth of information about Thomson ships. Sorry I have never done that itinery but I am sure others have. Enjoy!

I personally would do the Thomson excursions in Jordan ....Petra is certainly worth doing and, although you could do it in a taxi, the thomson trips are not too expensive and you do get a guide explaining everything for you. I would be a bit wary (as you are two women in a foreign country!) going so far on your own. In my opinion the 'must dos' on this cruise are Petra and Cairo and perhaps Luxor (although we did a Nile Cruise another time as there is too much to see in a day) ...they are long and tiring days tho' but worth it...the cost when we went was around £70 pp a couple of years ago....think the excursions and costs are on the Thomson website somewhere, I have seen them but don't remember what I clicked on!!We have been in November and it was nice and warm...even hot at times!

There will be a formal night/Gala dinner....Dinner suit or dark lounge suits are usually worn by most of the men.... and women can wear long evening dress or cocktail dress or evening trousers and glittery top.

If you don't want to dress up you can dine casually in the buffet!

Even in the buffet they make a effort on Formal night with tablecloths, laid tables, 'candles' and the wait staff in their 'formal' wear of waistcoats etc. Smart casual is OK this night if you don't want to go to the captains do.

Archived